Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for: channel for screen doors

Jon Anderson wrote:
I want to make a screen door for my front door, welded steel tubing.
Anyone know where one can find preformed channel that can be welded to
the tubing to secure the screen?

I have not seen preformed steel for mounting screens, but I have seen
aluminum. I am in the finishing stages of a similar door and am planning
to use the aluminum and clamp it in place with sheetmetal screws. The
aluminum is available at Ace Hardware stores and probably many other
locations.

Good Luck,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I want to make a screen door for my front door, welded steel
tubing. Anyone know where one can find preformed channel
that can be welded to the tubing to secure the screen?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

BobH wrote:

I have not seen preformed steel for mounting screens, but I have seen
aluminum. I am in the finishing stages of a similar door and am planning
to use the aluminum and clamp it in place with sheetmetal screws. The
aluminum is available at Ace Hardware stores and probably many other
locations.

Didn't even think to try a local hardware store, just
assumed they wouldn't carry it. Thanks, I'll check around!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 17, 4:36*pm, Jon Anderson wrote:
BobH wrote:
I have not seen preformed steel for mounting screens, but I have seen
aluminum. I am in the finishing stages of a similar door and am planning
to use the aluminum and clamp it in place with sheetmetal screws. The
aluminum is available at Ace Hardware stores and probably many other
locations.

Didn't even think to try a local hardware store, just
assumed they wouldn't carry it. Thanks, I'll check around!

Jon

Check for one that says "screen door repair" back in the service
department. One local "wrought iron" outfit does some really nice
work on screen doors, they do the scroll work and then mount some kind
of finely perforated metal sheet behind it, spot welded on. Painted,
it's a lot classier than just an aluminum screen door. It's a lot
more durable on commercial shop doors than an aluminum screen door
would be, too.

Stan

channel number on screen [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 March 25th 07 11:40 AM
Wood Screen Doors Steve B Home Repair 5 May 4th 06 09:53 PM
Shoji screen doors Demon Woodworking 1 May 2nd 05 10:25 PM
Channel logos and screen burn James Sweet Electronics Repair 11 September 23rd 03 11:43 PM
Phantom Screen Doors Muff Home Repair 6 August 18th 03 02:41 AM