Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power line videos on youtube

someone posted a link to a video of a helicopter power line inspector guy,
there are dozens of power line (and power line arc/explosion/fire, etc.)
videos on youtube. i've been watching some of them and they're jaw
droppingly incredible.

these guys have brass balls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP_Wu...eature=related

this one is of a radio tower being demolished, apparently a plane crashed
into it, at the very end of the video you can see the wreckage of a small
plane falling out of the webbing of the tower. it looks like a toy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udenD7RXGg0&NR=1

there's so many i'm afraid i'd drive you all nuts if i posted all the links
to all the incredible videos, you'll have to go there and link around there
yourself. post back the ones you think are incredible.
(we've seen the one with the gigantic arc, and the one of the power station
burning and exploding)

b.w.

like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga...eature=related
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXclb...eature=related

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Wixon wrote:
someone posted a link to a video of a helicopter power line inspector guy,
there are dozens of power line (and power line arc/explosion/fire, etc.)
videos on youtube. i've been watching some of them and they're jaw
droppingly incredible.

You'll want to get to your Imax theatre and watch Straight Up,
a helicopter piece done for the Smithsonian by one of the more
famous imax cinematographers, David Douglas...
Has some footage of the brass ball guys on the lines...
/mark
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-02-27, William Wixon wrote:
like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga...eature=related

holy ****, I am speechless.

and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXclb...eature=related

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:24:30 GMT, "William Wixon"
wrote:

[...]

----

Go to this website for more of this sort of stuff.
NOT on Youtube. These are in MPEG format (Windows Media Player)
Just scroll down the page and watch the videos.
I have watched these videos many times. They're incedible !!!!
I finally saved all of them to my own computer to show friends.
http://205.243.100.155/frames/longarc.htm

Those were GREAT videos. Thanks for the link.

Jim

Deteriorated Power Line Coming into House from Power Meter [email protected] Home Repair 6 October 24th 07 12:05 PM
Power line clearance MAT UK diy 4 September 22nd 07 09:06 PM
Power line (spike, sag, etc.) monitor? Don Kelly Electronics Repair 4 May 4th 05 03:55 PM