Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default February NEMES meeting news

At our recent February meeting the main speaker was Rollie Gaucher,
NEMES charter member and top notch craftsman. Rollie was scheduled to
speak about lapping and started his presentation with a short section
about the forging and machining of two frames for the prototype F-22
Raptor fighter planes. Very interesting stuff. The lapping talk which
followed was equally interesting and informative.

This was my first attempt to video presentations at our meetings.
Results were not optimal but better than nothing and, hopefully, will
be improved with experience.

http://neme-s.org/2008_February_Meet...ly_meeting.htm

This link takes to you the page. Please be warned that the video clips
are big files. DSL or Cable connections are recommended. I have tried
in the past "downgrading" the video for dial up but the quailty is
just too poor.

Your comments are welcome of course.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
[...]

Your post reminded my of the enjoyable time we spent when you visited! I
went to the page of pix again and noticed that you Photochopped my pictures
by removing all my hair and making me look fat...THANKS A LOT!!! ...*******

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:37:46 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Your post reminded my of the enjoyable time we spent when you visited! I
went to the page of pix again and noticed that you Photochopped my pictures
by removing all my hair and making me look fat...THANKS A LOT!!! ...*******

It's the poor craftsman that balmes the tool.

Errol
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Your post reminded my of the enjoyable time we spent when you visited!
I went to the page of pix again and noticed that you Photochopped my
pictures by removing all my hair and making me look fat...THANKS A
LOT!!! ...*******

It's the poor craftsman that balmes the tool.

Errol

I oil my tools when I'm done with them, but I've never rubbed them with
balm -- what do you use?

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:07:10 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

It's the poor craftsman that balmes the tool.

Errol

I oil my tools when I'm done with them, but I've never rubbed them with
balm -- what do you use?

Darn. Done in again by typing dyslexia.

Errol

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It's the poor craftsman that balmes the tool.

Errol

I oil my tools when I'm done with them, but I've never rubbed them with
balm -- what do you use?

Darn. Done in again by typing dyslexia.

Errol

And here I thought you were saying something dirty...and I was going to leave it
ALONE!