Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default February NEMES meeting news

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
At our recent February meeting the main speaker was Rollie Gaucher,
NEMES charter member and top notch craftsman. Rollie was scheduled to
speak about lapping and started his presentation with a short section
about the forging and machining of two frames for the prototype F-22
Raptor fighter planes. Very interesting stuff. The lapping talk which
followed was equally interesting and informative.

This was my first attempt to video presentations at our meetings.
Results were not optimal but better than nothing and, hopefully, will
be improved with experience.

http://neme-s.org/2008_February_Meet...ly_meeting.htm

This link takes to you the page. Please be warned that the video clips
are big files. DSL or Cable connections are recommended. I have tried
in the past "downgrading" the video for dial up but the quailty is
just too poor.

Your comments are welcome of course.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

Your post reminded my of the enjoyable time we spent when you visited! I
went to the page of pix again and noticed that you Photochopped my pictures
by removing all my hair and making me look fat...THANKS A LOT!!! ...*******