Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Inbox Trivia

RCM only

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:50:27 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

The next owner of the car, who was my roommate, got the car run over by a
Buick station wagon a few months later so he never had to explain to a shop
why none of the wires were in the right place. g Fortunately he survived
and bought a Lotus Seven. Fortunately, he's survived that, too, and still
has that one 38 years later.

That's unusual!

That's only one of my several personal stories involving Joseph Lucas,
Prince of Darkness and inventor of the short circuit. d8-)

He's also the inventor of the open circuit and the rustified
intermittent circuit. He was obviously using the dark side of the
Force.

---
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction
when it could be turned into momentum.
--Frances Willard (1839 - 1898)
----------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
RCM only

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:50:27 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

The next owner of the car, who was my roommate, got the car run over by a
Buick station wagon a few months later so he never had to explain to a
shop
why none of the wires were in the right place. g Fortunately he survived
and bought a Lotus Seven. Fortunately, he's survived that, too, and still
has that one 38 years later.

That's unusual!

It's a rare Mk IV, which was built somewhat heavier than the favored Mk III.
It's all square tube and there are more of them than in the earlier models.
The body is all fiberglass. Whereas the Mk II weighed just over 1,000 lb,
the Mk IV weighed 1,350.

One of the sports car magazines at the time described the seating as "not a
caress, but rather like being gripped by the jaws of an enraged clam." I
thought that was an inspired line. g

The Lotus Sevens now being built under license by Caterham are Mk IIIs, with
some modifications.

That's only one of my several personal stories involving Joseph Lucas,
Prince of Darkness and inventor of the short circuit. d8-)

He's also the inventor of the open circuit and the rustified
intermittent circuit. He was obviously using the dark side of the
Force.

Electricity in a Lucas electrical part travels at the speed of dark.

--
Ed Huntress

Somewhat Trivia, Somewhat Curiosity... Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 10 October 9th 07 05:31 PM
somehow I pissed off the sony lovers - I got this in my inbox today from somebody calling himself 'sonyfan' Malissa Baldwin Electronics Repair 1 January 4th 07 01:56 AM
Trivia Junkyard Engineer Woodworking 6 October 3rd 06 03:19 AM
OT - From the inbox Cliff Metalworking 31 May 14th 05 10:04 AM
trivia answer please Dan Valleskey Woodworking 3 November 2nd 04 03:51 AM