Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trivia

Why in the world, no Jigsaw manufacturers thought of doing the blade on the
right or left side instead of in the middle ?!!! Don't they have engineers
with focus group telling them that trying to use a jig saw within a big
somewhat deep hole flush to a wall is mission impossible ?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
Why in the world, no Jigsaw manufacturers thought of doing the blade on the
right or left side instead of in the middle ?!!! Don't they have engineers
with focus group telling them that trying to use a jig saw within a big
somewhat deep hole flush to a wall is mission impossible ?

Use a different type of saw, cut the hole prior to assembly or from the
bottom, use a router with an offset base, etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
Why in the world, no Jigsaw manufacturers thought of doing the blade
on the right or left side instead of in the middle ?!!! Don't they
have engineers with focus group telling them that trying to use a jig
saw within a big somewhat deep hole flush to a wall is mission
impossible ?

Dang! if that is not the craziest idea I've ever heard.

So you have a hole on the left...hey I need a right hand bladed jigsaw.

I can see it now sales drop and the manufacturer goes bust because the
righthand jigsaw is selling more than the left.

Crazy dude.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

A little crazyness in life is just good for anybody !

Seriously, it was an opening my father tried to make in the roof between
trust to put skylights.

He had to do holes in the 4 corners, go on the roof, mark the lines and cut
it.

With a right or left hand Jigsaw you can cut flush. Yes, that would mean
that you will cut always from the same side.

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" a écrit dans le message de news:
Junkyard Engineer wrote:
Why in the world, no Jigsaw manufacturers thought of doing the blade
on the right or left side instead of in the middle ?!!! Don't they
have engineers with focus group telling them that trying to use a jig
saw within a big somewhat deep hole flush to a wall is mission
impossible ?

Dang! if that is not the craziest idea I've ever heard.

So you have a hole on the left...hey I need a right hand bladed jigsaw.

I can see it now sales drop and the manufacturer goes bust because the
righthand jigsaw is selling more than the left.

Crazy dude.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
A little crazyness in life is just good for anybody !

Seriously, it was an opening my father tried to make in the roof
between trust to put skylights.

He had to do holes in the 4 corners, go on the roof, mark the lines
and cut it.

With a right or left hand Jigsaw you can cut flush. Yes, that would
mean that you will cut always from the same side.

Did you know a reciprocating saw is basically what you need?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to rec.woodworking

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
{concerning sabersaws/hand power jigsaws} doing the blade on the
right or left side instead ... trying to use a jig saw within a big
somewhat deep hole flush to a wall is mission impossible ?

Didn't used to be impossible. Saws were available with rotating
pistons, you can set the
blade at 90 degrees to the footplate centerline and cut left/right at
or near flush to an obstacle.

My cheapo isn't of this type, but it looks possible to put a right
angle clamp onto
the end for similar cutting effect.

Mystery brake Joepy Metalworking 7 March 12th 06 01:34 AM
Aluminium casting Newbie ronpriest Metalworking 16 February 7th 06 01:35 PM
Trivia question old Maytag washing machine MikeremlaP Home Repair 1 January 26th 05 06:04 AM
trivia answer please Dan Valleskey Woodworking 3 November 2nd 04 03:51 AM
Trivia: inventor of Acrow prop dies Tony Bryer UK diy 2 January 12th 04 03:55 PM