Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead linked to aging in older brains

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:39:48 -0600, Jon Elson

I wonder, sometimes, about my employees and their use of leaded solder
for up to 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. Yes, we are moving to lead
free older, but only as customers specify it.

YUP, scary! I have spent the last 28 years or so quite actively
building and repairing electronics, using leaded solder. And, I
used leaded solder for experimenting for at least ten years
before that. Ugh, that's a long-term exposure, all right!
I am working to convert to lead-free, but how safe is Tin?

Jon

********.
if you washed your hands as part of daily hygene all the lead on your
skin would have been washed down the sink.
you wash hands before food dont you? it is a 10,000 year old human
tradition after all.

most electricians have lead poisoning from the absurd practise of
chewing on pieces of insulation. evidently they get to like the taste
if they pull insulation in the teeth.

you probably have more physiological effects coming your way from
needless worry than from lead. truely.

ymmv of course :-)
Stealth ( I fly avgas) Pilot
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stealth Pilot wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:39:48 -0600, Jon Elson

YUP, scary! I have spent the last 28 years or so quite actively
building and repairing electronics, using leaded solder. And, I
used leaded solder for experimenting for at least ten years
before that. Ugh, that's a long-term exposure, all right!
I am working to convert to lead-free, but how safe is Tin?

Jon

********.
if you washed your hands as part of daily hygene all the lead on your
skin would have been washed down the sink.
you wash hands before food dont you? it is a 10,000 year old human
tradition after all.

Ah, welll, ummm..... "Sometimes" I forgot. Oh oh!

Jon