Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Lead linked to aging in older brains

Jon Elson wrote:
wrote:

I wonder, sometimes, about my employees and their use of leaded solder
for up to 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. Yes, we are moving to lead
free older, but only as customers specify it.

YUP, scary! I have spent the last 28 years or so quite actively
building and repairing electronics, using leaded solder. And, I used
leaded solder for experimenting for at least ten years before that.
Ugh, that's a long-term exposure, all right!
I am working to convert to lead-free, but how safe is Tin?

Fsking aye.

I pumped 100's of thousands of gallons of
leaded gas in my youth, handled solder
nearly every day since I was 8.

If it damaged my brain in the process, so
be it. It's been a good life.