Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default A little OT - Desiccant type air dryer.

Gents, I'm looking for plans to build a small desiccant air dryer. I'm
only looking to use about 2 quarts of desiccant. I plan on only using
it when I'm spraying.
Any plans out there?
I can probably figure out how to make one, but I was just looking for
some plans if possible.
Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-01-19, Dan@ (Dan ) Dan@ wrote:
Gents, I'm looking for plans to build a small desiccant air dryer. I'm
only looking to use about 2 quarts of desiccant. I plan on only using
it when I'm spraying.
Any plans out there?
I can probably figure out how to make one, but I was just looking for
some plans if possible.
Dan

Are you talking about desiccant based room air dryers or compressed
air dryers?

I am selling the former.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 18, 6:36 pm, Ignoramus29897 ignoramus29...@NOSPAM.
On 2008-01-19, Dan@ (Dan ) Dan@ wrote:

Gents, I'm looking for plans to build a small desiccant air dryer. I'm
only looking to use about 2 quarts of desiccant. I plan on only using
it when I'm spraying.
Any plans out there?
I can probably figure out how to make one, but I was just looking for
some plans if possible.
Dan

Are you talking about desiccant based room air dryers or compressed
air dryers?

I am selling the former.

A piece of 3" pipe with two threaded end caps. Drill and tap the end
caps for 1/4" NPT, fill the pipe with silica gel and a bit of angel
hair on the ends and you should be set.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-01-19, Dan@ (Dan ) Dan@ wrote:

Gents, I'm looking for plans to build a small desiccant air dryer. I'm
only looking to use about 2 quarts of desiccant. I plan on only using
it when I'm spraying.
Any plans out there?
I can probably figure out how to make one, but I was just looking for
some plans if possible.
Dan

Are you talking about desiccant based room air dryers or compressed
air dryers?

I am selling the former.

A piece of 3" pipe with two threaded end caps. Drill and tap the end
caps for 1/4" NPT, fill the pipe with silica gel and a bit of angel
hair on the ends and you should be set.

What's angel hair? Some kind of fabric?

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-01-19, Dan@ (Dan ) Dan@ wrote:

Gents, I'm looking for plans to build a small desiccant air dryer. I'm
only looking to use about 2 quarts of desiccant. I plan on only using
it when I'm spraying.
Any plans out there?
I can probably figure out how to make one, but I was just looking for
some plans if possible.
Dan

Are you talking about desiccant based room air dryers or compressed
air dryers?

I am selling the former.

A piece of 3" pipe with two threaded end caps. Drill and tap the end
caps for 1/4" NPT, fill the pipe with silica gel and a bit of angel
hair on the ends and you should be set.

What's angel hair? Some kind of fabric?

Chris

Angel hair is spun glass. Its used in aquarium filters along with
activated charcoal or carbon. A layer of this will hold larger
particles but still allow air/water to flow through. Window screen
will work, too, if you support it somehow, say with perforated metal

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

Are you talking about desiccant based room air dryers or compressed
air dryers?

Compressed air dryer. Guess I should have said that in the begining.

A piece of 3" pipe with two threaded end caps. Drill and tap the end
caps for 1/4" NPT, fill the pipe with silica gel and a bit of angel
hair on the ends and you should be set.

Gerry,
I like your idea. Thanks.
Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dan wrote:
Gents, I'm looking for plans to build a small desiccant air dryer. I'm
only looking to use about 2 quarts of desiccant. I plan on only using
it when I'm spraying.
Any plans out there?
I can probably figure out how to make one, but I was just looking for
some plans if possible.
Dan

Try going to somewhere that breaks trucks with air brake systems. In the
UK and Europe they are fitted with desicant dryers to keep the air lines
dry, and some have integrated purge volumes and timers so the desicant
is purged of water at required intervals. I have new one a mate gave as
he used to work for an air brake company, just need the round tuit to
install it.