Jim McGill

Default Regenerating Silica Desiccant

I've got several pounds of silica desiccant, the stuff that looks like
aquarium gravel. Very hand for keeping crackers crisp in the soggy
Pacific Northwest. I've regenerated it before, but I've lost my notes.
Somebody out there remember what temperature and how long? (ball park is
likely good enough)

Thanks

Jim
Don Bruder

In article ,
Jim McGill wrote:

I've got several pounds of silica desiccant, the stuff that looks like
aquarium gravel. Very hand for keeping crackers crisp in the soggy
Pacific Northwest. I've regenerated it before, but I've lost my notes.
Somebody out there remember what temperature and how long? (ball park is
likely good enough)

Thanks

Jim

250-300 for half an hour or so spread out in a thin layer on a cookie
sheet seems to be ringing a bell in my head.

Key is "Above the boiling point of water, but not so hot you 'burn' it".
Trouble is, I can't find *MY* notes on where it starts getting too hot!

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.
John G

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim McGill wrote:

[...]

Short form: I'm trashing EVERY E-mail that doesn't contain a password
in the
subject unless it comes from a "whitelisted" (pre-approved by me)
address.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.

Google is your friend.
http://www.envirogel.co.uk/improving...activation.htm

There are more
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

Cullligan Water Softener regenerating every night [email protected] Home Repair 2 May 11th 05 01:01 PM
desiccant supplier? [email protected] Metalworking 11 March 29th 05 08:08 PM
Desiccant Silica Gel Tricia UK diy 26 February 10th 05 10:24 AM
Silica Gel Bob Smith \(UK\) UK diy 7 October 22nd 04 10:54 AM