Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

I hit a bit of road debris coming home from a job site last night,
made a hell of a noise, and after I got home and parked, found it had
punched a hole about 1/4" in diamter in the front tank (freshly
filled) right next to a strap. Stuck a screw in..too small, stuck a
lag bolt in..too small, hammered in a wooden plug. Reduced it to a
drip.

Not a lot of fun running the garden hose to flush the gas out from
under the truck, and laying in the mess trying to get the leak
stopped, in 40F weather...

I dont want to pull this tank. Gonna be a MOFO to do.

What products are out there that will allow me to simply patch over
the top of the 1/4" stubb of wood plug sticking out? Or do I need to
pull the plug (after running the tank dry?)

Gunner