Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good vertical bandsaw?

I wasn't able to find a decent bench top bandsaw. I need to be able
to cut metal to shape a part. Horizontal / vertical bandsaws seem too
half-assed to cut metal accurately.

Rules of the game: 115v, 20A.
Metals range from aluminum to cast iron to CRS to 4140

Motor about 1/2HP?
SFM below 100
Make of sawblade? May use one blade for a specific material.
Changeable speeds?

Price, I'd love 0$, and they'd ship it for free, but $300 to $500 is OK
if it works well, cuts square, and lasts.