Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default Good vertical bandsaw?

Bruce Barnett wrote:
Louis Ohland writes:

Has anyone installed different pulleys to do that?

Jet, Powermatic, and Wilton are the same company. I also thought I
saw a spare part for the Jet bandsaw that adds additional pulleys
(making it a wood/metal bandsaw). However I cannot find the info on
this...

Perhaps it was Delta. A few years ago I had a printed product
manual. This was SOOOO much easier to use.

Please don't confuse the modern marketing term "wood/metal" on the Jet or
Grizzly saws with a true metal cutting bandsaw. Those are wood cutting
bandsaws with speeds something like 3000/2100/800, with the 800 sfm speed
being for cutting hardwoods. Some sharp-eyed marketing puke said "Hey!
At 800 cfm you can cut some aluminums - so let's say it also cuts metal!"

But you want one with several speeds in the range 30-300, as well as
750-3000 for wood.

GWE