Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default more what the heck are these things

in the drop box, he

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/mystery_objects.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-2.JPG

I have some clue on some of them, but not enough clue to know what any are,
really - any of you guys recognize them?
--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 21:58:10 -0800, "William Noble"
wrote:

in the drop box, he

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/mystery_objects.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-2.JPG

I have some clue on some of them, but not enough clue to know what any are,
really - any of you guys recognize them?
--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email
or unscramble the following by removing spaces and correcting the obvious
spelling errors

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

They look like hold down clamps for machining or stamping

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 9:58 pm, "William Noble" wrote:
in the drop box, he

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-2.JPG

I have some clue on some of them, but not enough clue to know what any are,
really - any of you guys recognize them?
--
bill
to email me, to to my web page,www.wbnoble.comand find my email
or unscramble the following by removing spaces and correcting the obvious
spelling errors

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

The cylinders in the packages look like the pins used to lock gorilla
rack corners together. Make solid sets of racks. They go in the unused
slots in the vertical angle pieces.

Don't know about the other stuff.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 2, 9:58 pm, "William Noble" wrote:

The square parts look like some sort of hold-down clamp.

The aircraft fuses maybe for use in instrument panels? I've taken
apart a couple of old instrument panels, and while I don't recall
seeing anything like that, I did see a lot of weird and unusual
components I haven't found anywhere else.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote in message
On Jan 2, 9:58 pm, "William Noble" wrote:
in the drop box, he

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-2.JPG

I have some clue on some of them, but not enough clue to know what any
are,
really - any of you guys recognize them?
--
bill
to email me, to to my web page,www.wbnoble.comand find my email
or unscramble the following by removing spaces and correcting the obvious
spelling errors

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

The cylinders in the packages look like the pins used to lock gorilla
rack corners together. Make solid sets of racks. They go in the unused
slots in the vertical angle pieces.

Don't know about the other stuff.

Paul

well, the cylinders are in a package that says they are 2 amp fuses -- but I
haven't seen fuses without covers before - at least not this form factor,
hence the inquiry

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Noble" held forth in
:

in the drop box, he

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/mystery_objects.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...objects_-2.JPG

I have some clue on some of them, but not enough clue to know what any
are, really - any of you guys recognize them?

Not including the fuse looking parts, the others look like the tools we use
for cutting rubber conveyor belting and attaching a splice in said belting.
The splice would look a lot like a zipper. Ours is part of a kit depending
on the width of the belt. It has a piece 36 inches long everything is lined
up on for a straight edge and to bring it all together.

Hope this helps, Harry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

well, that could be, but I don't think so - the things with the screws in
them are stainless steel, and there are a lot of them with the pins in
different combinations of holes - it's like they are part of some giant
timer or sequencer maybe - I guess I could post more photos but so far no
one has said they are unclear - and I still don't havea clue -

on the tool for splicing conveyor belts - are all the thingies the same?
and what size are they? these are 1/2 inch wide, and the slot with the
screw is .065, and the pins are .095 diameter

"Bobba Lou" wrote in message
36...
"William Noble" held forth in
: