Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BILLION

I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE MATH...
but this is too true to be very funny

The next time you hear a politician use the
word "billion" in a casual manner, think about
whether you want the "politicians" spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of
putting that figure into some perspective in
one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and
20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New
Orleans It's amazing what you ca n learn wit h some simple division . ..

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress
for $250 BILLIONto rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number, what does
it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of
New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you
each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family
gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??

Tax his land,
Tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
T ax his shirts,
Tax h is work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his booze,
Tax his beers,
If he cries,
Tax his tears.

Tax his bills,
Tax his gas,
Tax his notes,
Tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he ha s no dough.

If he hollers,
Tax him more,
Tax hi m until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
"Taxes drove me to my doom!"

And when he's gone,
We won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unempl oyment Tax (FUTA)
Fis hing Licen se Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Perm it Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),
Liquor Tax,
Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax,
Medicare Tax,
Property Tax,
Real Estate Tax,
Service charge tax e s,
Social Security Tax,
Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes,
Recreational Vehicle Tax,
School Tax,
State Income Tax,
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,
Telephone Federal, State and Local Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Minimum Usage Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,
Telephone State and Local Tax,
Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
Utility Tax,
Vehicle License Registration Tax,
Vehicle Sales Tax,
Watercraft Registration Tax,
Well Permit Tax,
Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the
world,
and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened? Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to "press
1" for English.

I hope this goes around THE
USA at least 100 times

What the heck happened?????
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Further the government needs to tax every man woman and child at the rate of
$3.33 for every 8hr and 25 minutes that they spend to cover their
expenditure rate. From years of experience working for DoD I know that we
don't get much bang for the buck.
Anyone for Ron Paul?

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New
Orleans It's amazing what you ca n learn wit h some simple division . ..

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress
for $250 BILLIONto rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number, what does
it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of
New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you
each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family
gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??

Amusing, however a city consists of far more than residences... Little
things like schools, hospitals, city maintenance facilities, public
transit system, sewage treatment plants, water treatment plants, refuse
collection facilities, parks, sports fields, town halls, police
stations, jails, courthouses, etc.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Here's some perspective on a million versus a billion.

Spend $1,000 a day, and you will spend a million dollars in about three
years.

You must spend one million dollars a day to spend a billion dollars in the
same amount of time.....OR......spend the same $1,000 a day for 3,000
years.

"A million here....a million there. Before you know it you're talking some
REAL money." - Any politician

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 12, 5:58 am, "*" wrote:
Here's some perspective on a million versus a billion.

A billion dollars is 300 million Americans paying $3.33 for lunch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:40:10 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

[...]

================
Indeed, and a good point too. However consider that the sea
levels continue to rise, and the ground continues to subside in
the N/O area. ==No debate on this, its established fact.==
Thus, another catastrophic flood/innundation is bound to occur
sooner or later, AT THAT LOCATION.

Given that the federal government has and will continue to spend
huge sums of tax payer money of N/O disaster relief, the question
should be why does N/O have to be where it is? Historically, it
was the port at the mouth of the Mississippi river, which
required huge numbers of people.

With the change in cargos and ship design, shipping is no longer
a labor intensive industry, and the automobile/mass transit means
that the people that are employed in industries and activities
that must be situated by the water no longer have to live there,
but on higher ground in-land.

I also see no reason the entertainment district should not also
move to higher ground [above sea level], even if this involves
the moving of historic buildings rather than their re-creation.

FWIW -- many of the quaint historic N/O buildings were shoddily
constructed to start with using marginal local materials such as
the soft brick, are 100 or more years old, and were about to fall
down, even without any storm damage.

N/O re-construction is however the ideal federal project: it
requires enormous sums of money just to maintain the status quo,
involves huge contracts with private industry with little or no
oversight [its an emergency and for the children] and will never
be completed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:20:57 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, F.
George McDuffee quickly quoth:

Indeed, and a good point too. However consider that the sea
levels continue to rise, and the ground continues to subside in
the N/O area. ==No debate on this, its established fact.==
Thus, another catastrophic flood/innundation is bound to occur
sooner or later, AT THAT LOCATION.

Right, since they're all under sea level, they'll either have to do as
the Dutch have by building massive dikes or fill in and build on top.
Neither would be suitable to me. I'd move (if I had ever been stupid
enough to live there in the first place.)

http://www.news.vu/en/news/environme...sleading.shtml
interesting info and a good point of reference for further research.
It also points out numerous faked scientist's papers, a growing
threat.

Given that the federal government has and will continue to spend
huge sums of tax payer money of N/O disaster relief, the question
should be why does N/O have to be where it is? Historically, it
was the port at the mouth of the Mississippi river, which
required huge numbers of people.

EXCELLENT point, Unk.

--
Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
Plan more than you can do, then do it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
cavelamb himself wrote:

I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE MATH...
but this is too true to be very funny

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New
Orleans It's amazing what you ca n learn wit h some simple division . ..

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress
for $250 BILLIONto rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number, what does
it mean?

Apparently you didn't check the facts before you (apparently) reposted.
The $250 billion was proposed by both Mary Landrieu and David
("Diapers") Vitter. It was basically a giant corporate welfare bill to
fund a bunch of projects that had been long desired by the corporate
sponsors of these two shills. Most of the $250 billion had nothing
whatsoever to do with Katrina.

Oh yeah, that also took place in 2005 - two years ago. It was shot down
pretty much immediately and hasn't been revived.

(There were some other misinformed and asinine comments posted later on
in this thread which I'm not even going to bother to address.)

--
Jedd Haas - Artist - New Orleans, LA
http://www.gallerytungsten.com