Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone seen this yet? 1911 Animation

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

fascinating

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well if you want to do it the easy way....yeah sure.

Then there's the hammer and anvil method....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner writes:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

What? No ammo?

Quite a labor of love to model all of that. Weeks of work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

fascinating

Gunner

That isn't how MINE goes together! I didn't see any springs magically
exiting the vicinity. Nor did I see any left-over parts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:51:46 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

fascinating

Gunner

Wow!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:41:51 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

fascinating

Gunner

That isn't how MINE goes together! I didn't see any springs magically
exiting the vicinity. Nor did I see any left-over parts.

In a long and illustrious career as a 1911 builder and repairer and
Bishop in the Church of John Moses Browning (praised be his name!),
Ive only had to replace one overhead florescent tube as the result of
a miscreant recoil spring plug.

Though..I did have a Mossberg 22 magazine tube spring take out a
matched pair of tubes once.....

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 04:14:29 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:41:51 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

fascinating

Gunner

That isn't how MINE goes together! I didn't see any springs magically
exiting the vicinity. Nor did I see any left-over parts.

In a long and illustrious career as a 1911 builder and repairer and
Bishop in the Church of John Moses Browning (praised be his name!),
Ive only had to replace one overhead florescent tube as the result of
a miscreant recoil spring plug.

Though..I did have a Mossberg 22 magazine tube spring take out a
matched pair of tubes once.....

Gunner

See
http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/1911-tool/

I made this simple tool out of delrin. It enables pushing in the
recoil spring plug with positive control (and no hurty fingers) while
allowing the barrel bushing to be rotated for disassembly. Haven't
had the spring come even close to getting away from me so far. It
may need to be adapted for some models; the 1911 I made this for
(Springfield loaded) has a full length guide rod.

Praises be to John Moses Browning and pass the ammmo, hallelujah and
amen...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:41:51 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05436208&hl=en

fascinating

Gunner

That isn't how MINE goes together! I didn't see any springs magically
exiting the vicinity. Nor did I see any left-over parts.

In a long and illustrious career as a 1911 builder and repairer and
Bishop in the Church of John Moses Browning (praised be his name!),
Ive only had to replace one overhead florescent tube as the result of
a miscreant recoil spring plug.

Though..I did have a Mossberg 22 magazine tube spring take out a
matched pair of tubes once.....

I got a lecture at a shop once for taking the magazine tube cap off an
older mossberg 590. I had no idea the older ones didn't have a plate that
until dislodged keeps the magazine spring in place. The spring was easy
enough to find, and din't get knotted up too bad and luckily the shell
follower dropped near my feet.

Whoops.