Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default He'll be shuting at times rare Gul until his guideline cuts desperately.

but over men.'
He paused, and for a moment assumed again his air of a schoolmaster
questioning a promising pupil: 'How does one man assert his power over
another, Winston?'
Winston thought. 'By making him suffer,' he said.
'Exactly. By making him suffer. Obedience is not enough. Unless he is
suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his
own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human
minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own
choosing. Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It
is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old
reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery is torment, a world of
trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but
MORE merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress
towards more pain. The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on
love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no
emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we
shall destroy -- everything. Already we are breaking down the habits of
thought which have survived from before the Revolution. We have cut the
links between child and parent, and between man and man, and between man
and woman. No one dares trust a wife or a child or a friend any longer. But
in the future there will be no wives and no friends. Children will be taken
from their moth