Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Millwright History

Millwright History:
The word "millwright" has long been used to describe the man who
was marked by everything ingenious and skillful. For several centuries
in England and Scotland the millwright was recognized as a man with a
knowledge of carpentry, blacksmithing and lathe work in addition to
the fitter and erector. He was the recognized representative of
mechanical arts and was looked upon as the authority in all
applications of winds and water, under whatever conditions they were
to be used, as a motive power for the purpose of manufacture. In other
words, as the above definition would indicate, he was the area
engineer, a kind of jack of all trades who was equally comfortable at
the lathe, the anvil or the carpenter's bench. Thus, the millwright of
the last several centuries was an itinerant engineer and mechanic of
high reputation and recognized abilities. He could handle the axe, the
hammer and the plane with equal skill and precision. He could turn,
bore or forge with the ease and ability of one brought up in those
trades. He could set and cut in the furrows of a millstone with an
accuracy equal to or superior to that of the miller himself. In most
instances, the millwright was a fair arithmetician, knew something of
geometry, leveling and measurements, and often possessed a very
competent knowledge of practical mathematics. He could calculate the
velocities, strength and power of machines; could draw in plans,
construct buildings, conduits or watercources, in all the forms and
under all the conditions required in his professional practice. He
could build bridges, cut canals and perform a variety of work now done
by civil engineers. In the early days of North America millwrights
designed and constructed the mills where flour and grist were ground
by water power. Water was directed over hand-constructed wooden mill
wheels to turn big wooden gears and generate power. Millwrights
executed every type of engineering operation in the construction of
these mills. The introduction of the steam engine, and the rapidity
with which it created new trades, proved a heavy blow to the
distinctive position of the millwrights, by bringing into the field a
new class of competitors in the form of turners, fitters, machine
makers, and mechanical engineers. . It was originally the custom for
the millwrights to have meetings for themselves in every shop. These
meetings usually included long discussions of practical science and
the principles of construction which more often than not ended in a
quarrel. One benefit of these meetings was the imparting of knowledge,
as young aspirants would frequently become excited by the
illustrations and chalk diagrams by which each side supported their
arguments.

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Millwright BS

Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer pushing
his wares.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Spam-boy, NOBODY ASKED.

If you actually know anything, and can contribute cogently to
discussions, nobody minds if you put your website in your sig. This kind
of unsolicited spamming is _NOT_ FSCKING WELCOME.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:11:38 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

He's recently retired, maybe lonesome, may not have enough to do nor
anyone to tell him what to do. Cut the guy a little slack, you don't
have to read his posts. (I don't!)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer
pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

He's recently retired, maybe lonesome, may not have enough to do nor
anyone to tell him what to do. Cut the guy a little slack, you don't
have to read his posts. (I don't!)

Good point!

I also won't discount the idea that he's nothing more than a troll, secure
in the knowledge that unions are a hotspot with many. Bottom line----he
seems like a nice guy----just can't let up on the whip for some reason.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Millwright Wrong wrote in article
Millwright History:
The word "millwright" has long been used to describe the man who
was marked by everything ingenious and skillful.

Too bad they are quickly becoming better known for their SPAMMING.......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Don Foreman wrote in article
wrote:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer

pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

He's recently retired, maybe lonesome, may not have enough to do nor
anyone to tell him what to do.

I think several people have subtly - and not-so-subtly - told him what to
do!!!

Cut the guy a little slack, you don't
have to read his posts. (I don't!)

If you don't read his posts, what did you do here.....just file a random
post and hope it worked?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer

pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

He's recently retired, maybe lonesome, may not have enough to do nor
anyone to tell him what to do.

I think several people have subtly - and not-so-subtly - told him what to
do!!!

Cut the guy a little slack, you don't
have to read his posts. (I don't!)

If you don't read his posts, what did you do here.....just file a random
post and hope it worked?

I read the first few, then figured subsequent posts would just be more
reptition so now I skip them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

If you don't read his posts, what did you do here.....just file a random
post and hope it worked?

I read the first few, then figured subsequent posts would just be more
reptition so now I skip them.

That organic filter between your ears has the most advanced implementation
of heuristics. I use the same plan for most problem posters.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Al is offline

You can block him to your "kill-file"

"Plunk!" like I just did you!

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer
pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Like so many other Union stiffs, the big 'thing' in his life was
belonging to something, which gave him a sense of camaraderie and worth
in his otherwise dull, boring, featureless existence. Now that he's
retired, the vacuum is intolerable.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

wrote:

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Millwright Ron wrote:

Millwright bull****

Millwrigh Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

You never quit, do you?

It is getting a bit old, isn't it!

When I see posts of that nature, what comes to mind is a drug dealer pushing
his wares.

Harold

For someone who claims to stick to contracts, he sure is a
hypocrite. The group was created for non professionals to trade
information, yet he is constantly off topic. I think he got in line too
many times for those free union supplied lobotomies.

He's recently retired, maybe lonesome, may not have enough to do nor
anyone to tell him what to do. Cut the guy a little slack, you don't
have to read his posts. (I don't!)

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Al wrote:

You can block him to your "kill-file"

"Plunk!" like I just did you!

Whoopee! Another 'Al Bundy' type ignoring me. Sob, what do i have
to live for now? What will I do when ignorant trolls ignore me? Enjoy
life, knowing that I don't have to worry what they think?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Al wrote:

You can block him to your "kill-file"

"Plunk!" like I just did you!

Whoopee! Another 'Al Bundy' type ignoring me. Sob, what do i have
to live for now? What will I do when ignorant trolls ignore me? Enjoy
life, knowing that I don't have to worry what they think?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

You sure it's you that got plonked, Michael? I got the impression it was
our old buddy, Millwright wrong.

Harold