Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need source for downloading Emco Maier Compact 5 lathe manual

It drives me nuts that I can't find a source where I can download the Emco
Maier compact 5 lathe manual. I don't even like turn it on w/o reading the
manual.....Please help....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "PeterM" wrote:
It drives me nuts that I can't find a source where I can download the Emco
Maier compact 5 lathe manual. I don't even like turn it on w/o reading the
manual.....Please help....

EMCO manuals writen in german can be downloaded from
http://www.buellstrunz.at/default.as...etSplit&Link=3

May be you find an english manual in one of the Yahoo groups
e.g. Emco_cnc_users
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to PeterM :
It drives me nuts that I can't find a source where I can download the Emco
Maier compact 5 lathe manual. I don't even like turn it on w/o reading the
manual.....Please help....

Well ... do you mean the hardware manual, or the software
manual?

For the latter, there are three different versions of the
firmware, 1.1, 1.?, 1.4 (I forget whether it is 1.2 or 1.3 which was
never released.) And they are *very* different, so you need the right
manual for your version -- or to change the firmware as well, which can
mean adding chips to the CPU board in the system.

The only way to determine for sure which version you have is to
pull the back panel off and look at the labels on the EPROMs. (And, if
is one of the later versions, the EPROMs will be on a daughterboard
sitting over where the EPROMs normally were, but with the EPROM labels
facing towards the main board.

So -- if it is that, then you'll have to unplug that
daughterboard (which plugs into the original EPROM sockets and into a
random logic chip socket) to read the versions.

If you turn out to have version 1.4 -- I've scanned the manual
(but I'll have to find where it is hiding on a CD-ROM somewhere.) So
send me an e-mail (the e-mail address in the "From: " header is correct,
as well as that which should be in the .sig when the newsreader gets
around to attaching it. :-)

A clue which can sometimes identify an older system is the shape
fo the keycaps on the pad. The old one has keycaps which are squares
with a slight circular depression in the center. The newer ones are
sculptured keycaps like a good computer keyboard.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Emco lathe Charles[_2_] Metalworking 4 August 3rd 07 02:24 AM
Emco Compact 5 zoned Metalworking 5 January 24th 06 03:38 PM
need EMCO F1 CNC mill manual Chris Metalworking 2 December 17th 04 12:28 AM
need emco f1 30 taper tool holder and a manual THOMAS A MANNERS Metalworking 5 November 29th 04 03:31 AM
EMCO V-10 (Compact 10) change gears info needed [email protected] Metalworking 0 September 17th 04 03:36 PM