Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harborfreight 3in1 Chucks?

I've got a HF 44142 3in1 multi-machine which came with the stock 3 jaw
chuck. I cannot find a face plate, or four or six jaw chuck to fit it.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could find something that would work?
I'm happy with the machine, other than that issue.

Thanks,
Bill L.
Winston-Salem, NC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That's why you bought it, right? Hey, it's a LATHE. Make your own back
plates. First thing I did waay back when I bought my HF 3in1.
See:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...retired_files/
See first.txt and the associated jpgs.
JR
dweller in the cellar

William Longyard wrote:
I've got a HF 44142 3in1 multi-machine which came with the stock 3 jaw
chuck. I cannot find a face plate, or four or six jaw chuck to fit it.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could find something that would work?
I'm happy with the machine, other than that issue.

Thanks,
Bill L.
Winston-Salem, NC

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill, this solution was discussed in the Chaski Home Machinist 3-in-1
Metalworking Machines forum a while ago.
There may have been other recommendations, which should be fairly easy to
locate by searching that specific 3in1 forum.
There are numerous 3in1 machine owners that participate in the Chaski forum
that have performed many upgrades and improvements to their machines, and
are very helpful and experienced with these machines.

I expect that the HF spindle is the flanged type, and utilizes bolts to
retain the chuck.

Here's what one participant said regarding an adaptor plate for fitting
other chucks to his HF machine.

If you need a four jaw chuck with a large enough pass through hole to use
the existing HF 44142 pass through hole, use the following:
29510-0VGA 4 jaw chuck, cost is $46.
29511-0VGA adapter plate, cost is $21.60.
These costs do not include shipping.
By the way, to order items not found on their website, you need to go to the
HF home page and click on the "Order from Printed Catalog" link shown in the
left column. Put in 29510-0VGA and 29511-0VGA in as part numbers.
Woody in Florida

The Chaski forums cover many metalworking and machining topics that are
regularly discussed here in the RCM NG, and with no static about off-topic
commentary.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"William Longyard" wrote in message
I've got a HF 44142 3in1 multi-machine which came with the stock 3 jaw
chuck. I cannot find a face plate, or four or six jaw chuck to fit it.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could find something that would work?
I'm happy with the machine, other than that issue.

Thanks,
Bill L.
Winston-Salem, NC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks so much. This is a big help!

Bill Longyard

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
[...]

3in1 Oil Stinks [email protected] Home Repair 12 August 3rd 07 06:23 AM
Harborfreight InsideTrack Club worth it??? blueman Home Repair 19 June 15th 05 07:40 PM
HarborFreight - am I just unlucky? blueman Home Repair 64 June 14th 05 10:18 PM
HarborFreight Lathe Ray Woodworking 8 November 30th 04 05:32 PM
Harbor Freight 30 " 3in1 Shear/Press Brake/Slip Roll on sale for$200 Rich Osman Metalworking 36 February 5th 04 10:16 PM