Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Idiocracy

I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead), for Fox. After the
movie was released, it was suppressed by Fox, not given any promotion
and shown only in 7 cities (where it had much success). It is all well
described in the Wikipedia article.

Since then, it acquired a very dedicated following and is actually
very popular on BitTorrent sites. Amazon also has a lot of reviews.

I highly recommend it, it is a futuristic sci-fi movie, showing how
over the next 500 years, the humanity became a lot stupider due to
technological advances, and what happened to it. It is absolutely
hilarious, carries some good lessons, and also has great music.

Like I said, it is available on torrent sites, but I can also burn a
copy for anyone who would ask and whom I recognize.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:59:37 -0500, Ignoramus21991
wrote:

[...]

Iggy, why not post it to alt.binaries.warez.educational?
It sounds educational to me...

Cheers,

Al
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Ignoramus21991 wrote:

[...]

"It's got electrolytes!"

-Frank

--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Frank Warner" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
Ignoramus21991 wrote:

[...]

Futuristic Sci fiction?? You are kidding! Just look around, Idiocracy is
everywhere, the effect of human society preventing natural selection to work
as intended.

MG

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus21991" wrote in message
I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead),

Mike Judge is great. I have to check that movie out.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-03, ATP* wrote:

"Ignoramus21991" wrote in message
I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead),

Mike Judge is great. I have to check that movie out.

You will not be disappointed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Futuristic Sci fiction?? You are kidding! Just look around, Idiocracy is
everywhere, the effect of human society preventing natural selection to
work as intended.

Having to put a warning of a vehicle dashboard sunblocker to remove it
before driving insn't enhancing public safety, it is interfering with
evolution.
I believe it is our duty as humans to set traps for the stupid.
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 09:25:30 -0700, Stupendous Man wrote:
Futuristic Sci fiction?? You are kidding! Just look around, Idiocracy is
everywhere, the effect of human society preventing natural selection to
work as intended.

Having to put a warning of a vehicle dashboard sunblocker to remove it
before driving insn't enhancing public safety, it is interfering with
evolution.
I believe it is our duty as humans to set traps for the stupid.

Yeah sure, great, until the idiot in question runs into _me_. If we
could only restrict idiots to hurting _themselves_...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus21991 wrote:
I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead), for Fox. After the
movie was released, it was suppressed by Fox, not given any promotion
and shown only in 7 cities (where it had much success). It is all well
described in the Wikipedia article.

Since then, it acquired a very dedicated following and is actually
very popular on BitTorrent sites. Amazon also has a lot of reviews.

So when somebody does make a good movie, you suggest pirating it, not
buying it- to show your support for it.

Wow, you're a serious asshole.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-03, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus21991 wrote:
I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead), for Fox. After the
movie was released, it was suppressed by Fox, not given any promotion
and shown only in 7 cities (where it had much success). It is all well
described in the Wikipedia article.

Since then, it acquired a very dedicated following and is actually
very popular on BitTorrent sites. Amazon also has a lot of reviews.

So when somebody does make a good movie, you suggest pirating it, not
buying it- to show your support for it.

Wow, you're a serious asshole.

I always recommend pirating over buying any movies. I want the movie
industry to die, at least in its present form.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 20:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Ignoramus21991 wrote:
I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead), for Fox. After the
movie was released, it was suppressed by Fox, not given any promotion
and shown only in 7 cities (where it had much success). It is all well
described in the Wikipedia article.

Since then, it acquired a very dedicated following and is actually
very popular on BitTorrent sites. Amazon also has a lot of reviews.

So when somebody does make a good movie, you suggest pirating it, not
buying it- to show your support for it.

Wow, you're a serious asshole.

Et Tu, Butthead...

P L O N K
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-03, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus21991 wrote:
I am not a TV person, meaning that it could be years between the times
I watch TV. I also rarely see a movie twice.

For me, Idiocracy is an exception. It was filmed by Mike Judge (who
brought us Office Space and Beavis and Butthead), for Fox. After the
movie was released, it was suppressed by Fox, not given any promotion
and shown only in 7 cities (where it had much success). It is all well
described in the Wikipedia article.

Since then, it acquired a very dedicated following and is actually
very popular on BitTorrent sites. Amazon also has a lot of reviews.

So when somebody does make a good movie, you suggest pirating it, not
buying it- to show your support for it.

Wow, you're a serious asshole.

I always recommend pirating over buying any movies. I want the movie
industry to die, at least in its present form.

I recomment theft over purchases. What's your home address again?

People could just skip you and save money, right? It's better if they
don't like you as well, because then it's justified.

Hopefully you've trained your kids the same way and they shoplift from
stores they don't like.

If you really want to step up to the plate, let's see you bankroll a movie
that's good. Until then, you're still just a cheap ****ty asshole.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3463 wrote:
On 2007-11-03, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus21991 wrote:
[...]

A fine point, that by buying the DVD I would reward the same company
that decided to suppress that movie, is apparently lost on
you. Instead, as usual, you chose to engage in cheap namecalling.

I do not consider sharing of information, to be theft.

If my gun is stolen from me, I would not have it.

If I share a movie with a friend, I will still have it.

There is a difference, as anyone could see.

I do not think that creators of art works, or, as usually is the case,
intermediaries, have some "natural right" to prevent friends from
sharing those works.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 4, 4:39 pm, Ignoramus28555 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
28555.invalid

I do not consider sharing of information, to be theft.

I believe that a person should be able to benefit from writing a book
or creating a movie. Consider how many fewer books would get written
if the author did not believe that he/she would make some money from
the work. It is about the same as if you could not make any money
from machining or welding. You would not do it.

If my gun is stolen from me, I would not have it.

If I share a movie with a friend, I will still have it.

Not a problem if you share in person. But if you make a copy and give
it away, then it is different. In one case you did share. In the
other case you may have kept the author from benefiting from their
efforts.

There is a difference, as anyone could see.

I do not think that creators of art works, or, as usually is the case,
intermediaries, have some "natural right" to prevent friends from
sharing those works.

I have violated the copyright laws on occasion. Mostly on things that
I do not use very much and do not expect the person that I give the
copy to use very much. Kind of like the rules that Borland Software
used to state. Okay to make copies provided that only one copy is
used at a time.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3463 wrote:
On 2007-11-03, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus21991 wrote:
[...]

what's your SS number again?

If my gun is stolen from me, I would not have it.

that's deep thinking there.

If I share a movie with a friend, I will still have it.

Same with your SS number. why not share it, you'll still have it, right?

There is a difference, as anyone could see.

You can't though.

I do not think that creators of art works, or, as usually is the case,
intermediaries, have some "natural right" to prevent friends from
sharing those works.

Oh, so you're friends with mike judge and fox now. I missed that part.
Sorry.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-04, Cydrome Leader wrote:
If I share a movie with a friend, I will still have it.

Same with your SS number. why not share it, you'll still have it, right?

You are not my friend.

Oh, so you're friends with mike judge and fox now. I missed that part.
Sorry.

Silly, I share the movie with my friends, not with Fox. (or you)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-04, Cydrome Leader wrote:
If I share a movie with a friend, I will still have it.

Same with your SS number. why not share it, you'll still have it, right?

You are not my friend.

So what? You'll still have your SS number, I just want a copy. Information
should all be free, right?

Oh, so you're friends with mike judge and fox now. I missed that part.
Sorry.

Silly, I share the movie with my friends, not with Fox. (or you)

Ah, your "friends" from bittorrent. Are they the same "friends" you sell
pirated DVDs from your duplicating operation running out of your home to?

Just wondering.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-11-05, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Ignoramus28555 writes:

I do not consider sharing of information, to be theft.

Then you have never created anything of value intellectually thatyou
wished to sell.

I wrote a program that I released under the GNU public license. I sold
services related to the program.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I saw it on IFC last night. Very funny