Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Idiocracy

On Nov 4, 4:39 pm, Ignoramus28555 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
28555.invalid

I do not consider sharing of information, to be theft.

I believe that a person should be able to benefit from writing a book
or creating a movie. Consider how many fewer books would get written
if the author did not believe that he/she would make some money from
the work. It is about the same as if you could not make any money
from machining or welding. You would not do it.

If my gun is stolen from me, I would not have it.

If I share a movie with a friend, I will still have it.

Not a problem if you share in person. But if you make a copy and give
it away, then it is different. In one case you did share. In the
other case you may have kept the author from benefiting from their
efforts.

There is a difference, as anyone could see.

I do not think that creators of art works, or, as usually is the case,
intermediaries, have some "natural right" to prevent friends from
sharing those works.

I have violated the copyright laws on occasion. Mostly on things that
I do not use very much and do not expect the person that I give the
copy to use very much. Kind of like the rules that Borland Software
used to state. Okay to make copies provided that only one copy is
used at a time.

Dan