Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A little help from you military types ............

Got my dad's military papers back ....

flight maintenenance gunner 748

30th Bomb Gp 270th Bomb Sq

Decorations and citations: Southern Philippines Luzon New Guinea Bismarck
Archipelago Borneo Philippines Liberation Ribbon Good Conduct Ribbon World
War II Victory Medal Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with One Silver Service
Star ( A Silver Service Star is awarded in lieu of 5 Bronze Service Stars
Sharpshooter Badge with Carbine and Pistol Bars WWII Honorable Service Lapel
Button

Last rank, Sergeant, United States Air Corps
Service outside Continental US: 25 Apr 45 to 10 Nov 45

Help me understand my father, who I never understood in his life.

To me, it looks like something impressive.

He never spoke of it.

Thanks.

Steve