Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag Snag is offline

Default A little help from you military types ............

SteveB wrote:
Got my dad's military papers back ....

flight maintenenance gunner 748

30th Bomb Gp 270th Bomb Sq

Decorations and citations: Southern Philippines Luzon New Guinea
Bismarck Archipelago Borneo Philippines Liberation Ribbon Good
Conduct Ribbon World War II Victory Medal Asiatic-Pacific Campaign
Medal with One Silver Service Star ( A Silver Service Star is awarded
in lieu of 5 Bronze Service Stars Sharpshooter Badge with Carbine and
Pistol Bars WWII Honorable Service Lapel Button

Last rank, Sergeant, United States Air Corps
Service outside Continental US: 25 Apr 45 to 10 Nov 45

Help me understand my father, who I never understood in his life.

To me, it looks like something impressive.

He never spoke of it.

Thanks.

Steve

I finally understood my dad after he and I had a heart-to-heart talk .
After I came home from 'Nam . He saw service in the South Pacific during
WWII .
We both did things we weren't proud of , but they were things that needed
doing .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"