Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default A little help from you military types ............

SteveB wrote:
Got my dad's military papers back ....

flight maintenenance gunner 748

30th Bomb Gp 270th Bomb Sq

Decorations and citations: Southern Philippines Luzon New Guinea Bismarck
Archipelago Borneo Philippines Liberation Ribbon Good Conduct Ribbon World
War II Victory Medal Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with One Silver Service
Star ( A Silver Service Star is awarded in lieu of 5 Bronze Service Stars
Sharpshooter Badge with Carbine and Pistol Bars WWII Honorable Service Lapel
Button

Last rank, Sergeant, United States Air Corps
Service outside Continental US: 25 Apr 45 to 10 Nov 45

Help me understand my father, who I never understood in his life.

To me, it looks like something impressive.

He never spoke of it.

Thanks.

Steve

It IS impressive, Steve.
Looks like your dad was a warrior.
You have something to be proud of.

Research the Philippine campaigns.
Might want to read about MacArthur too.
Althouth 1945 was pretty late in the game.

None of that will tell you what your dad didn't talk about.
But you might get a good idea of what the situation was.

Respects,

Richard Lamb