Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping - Iggy..

How did the surgery go? Doing well?
Todd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Iggy,

How did the surgery go? Doing well?
Todd

Best wishes seconded.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

gOn 2007-10-29, Bill Schwab wrote:
Iggy,

How did the surgery go? Doing well?
Todd

Best wishes seconded.

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and
whenever I do stuff (like washing dishes), so that nothing gets in the
eyes that should not. I see very well and have no troubles so far. I
appreciate you asking and the best wishes, etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32225 wrote:
gOn 2007-10-29, Bill Schwab wrote:
Iggy,

How did the surgery go? Doing well?
Todd

Best wishes seconded.

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and
whenever I do stuff (like washing dishes), so that nothing gets in the
eyes that should not. I see very well and have no troubles so far. I
appreciate you asking and the best wishes, etc.

Glad to hear it went well. I had it done about 3 years ago. One of the
best decisions I ever made. I've been very happy with the outcome. Gives
me a good comment if anybody ribs me about putting on safety glasses.
"Hey, I spent nearly 5 grand on my eyes, I'm protecting my investment..."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-29, Todd Rich wrote:
Ignoramus32225 wrote:
gOn 2007-10-29, Bill Schwab wrote:
Iggy,

How did the surgery go? Doing well?
Todd

Best wishes seconded.

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and
whenever I do stuff (like washing dishes), so that nothing gets in the
eyes that should not. I see very well and have no troubles so far. I
appreciate you asking and the best wishes, etc.

Glad to hear it went well. I had it done about 3 years ago. One of the
best decisions I ever made. I've been very happy with the outcome. Gives
me a good comment if anybody ribs me about putting on safety glasses.
"Hey, I spent nearly 5 grand on my eyes, I'm protecting my investment..."

I agree. I actually decided to spend some $$ and bought ballistic
eyewear, it is supposed to be similar to what soldiers wear to protect
eyes from IED. This is so that I would get something easier to wear,
and less awkward looking, than shop glasses, and would make more of a
habit to wear them when doing "stuff". I have not yet received it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32225 wrote:
gOn 2007-10-29, Bill Schwab wrote:

Iggy,

How did the surgery go? Doing well?
Todd

Best wishes seconded.

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and
whenever I do stuff (like washing dishes), so that nothing gets in the
eyes that should not. I see very well and have no troubles so far. I
appreciate you asking and the best wishes, etc.

Glad to here it went OK.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:01:34 -0600, Paul wrote:
Ignoramus32225 wrote:

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and
whenever I do stuff (like washing dishes), so that nothing gets in the
eyes that should not. I see very well and have no troubles so far. I
appreciate you asking and the best wishes, etc.

Glad to here it went OK.

Thirded or whatever. Missed the "I'm going to do it" post. Been
considering it for some time. I think next year. Sick of glasses.
Sounds silly but, the few times of year I go swimming, I'd prefer to be
able to actually see my kids rather than guess which fuzzy blur is one
of 'em.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32225 wrote:

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and
whenever I do stuff (like washing dishes), so that nothing gets in the
eyes that should not. I see very well and have no troubles so far. I
appreciate you asking and the best wishes, etc.

Glad to here it went OK.

Thirded or whatever. Missed the "I'm going to do it" post. Been
considering it for some time. I think next year. Sick of glasses.
Sounds silly but, the few times of year I go swimming, I'd prefer to be
able to actually see my kids rather than guess which fuzzy blur is one
of 'em.

I am very satisfied Dave. Each person vision is different, so I cannot
"recommend it", but I am so far very happy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-30, Dave Hinz wrote:

Thirded or whatever. Missed the "I'm going to do it" post. Been
considering it for some time. I think next year. Sick of glasses.
Sounds silly but, the few times of year I go swimming, I'd prefer to be
able to actually see my kids rather than guess which fuzzy blur is one
of 'em.

I am very satisfied Dave. Each person vision is different, so I cannot
"recommend it", but I am so far very happy.

How close to the midpoint of the bell-curve was your correction and
pupil size? I'm pretty much midline on both, so the success rates are in
the 3-nines range. Just a matter of convincing myself to take on 5K of
debt or so. What did it cost you, if you don't mind my asking, and who
did it? (email is fine, doesn't matter to me)

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-30, Dave Hinz wrote:

Thirded or whatever. Missed the "I'm going to do it" post. Been
considering it for some time. I think next year. Sick of glasses.
Sounds silly but, the few times of year I go swimming, I'd prefer to be
able to actually see my kids rather than guess which fuzzy blur is one
of 'em.

I am very satisfied Dave. Each person vision is different, so I cannot
"recommend it", but I am so far very happy.

How close to the midpoint of the bell-curve was your correction and
pupil size?

I had about 2./5 diopters nearsightedness. No idea of pupil size,
probably average.

I'm pretty much midline on both, so the success rates are in the
3-nines range. Just a matter of convincing myself to take on 5K of
debt or so. What did it cost you, if you don't mind my asking, and
who did it? (email is fine, doesn't matter to me)

It cost me about 3k, I did it at LasikPlus in Naperville. My case was
a simple one, according to them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus32225 wrote:

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and

Thirded or whatever. Missed the "I'm going to do it" post. Been
considering it for some time. I think next year. Sick of glasses.

I had Lasek, a variation of Lasik where they push the top layer of
cells off and do the sculpting on the surface rather than splitting
the cornea and sculpting the inner layers. 20/20 in both eyes now. I
haven't seen this well since I was 11 or 12. Find somebody using
WaveFront Technology. The ophthalmologist who did my eyes said that
the really low cost Lasik places are often using lasers with old
technology. Not sure how much difference that makes.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:45:09 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET quickly quoth:

Ignoramus32225 wrote:

Thanks gents. It went well. I wear protective eyewear in the shop and

Thirded or whatever. Missed the "I'm going to do it" post. Been
considering it for some time. I think next year. Sick of glasses.

I had Lasek, a variation of Lasik where they push the top layer of
cells off and do the sculpting on the surface rather than splitting
the cornea and sculpting the inner layers. 20/20 in both eyes now. I
haven't seen this well since I was 11 or 12. Find somebody using
WaveFront Technology. The ophthalmologist who did my eyes said that
the really low cost Lasik places are often using lasers with old
technology. Not sure how much difference that makes.

Jerry, my BIL, had his done at some military hospital on Alameda NAS
in the SF Bay area. The doctor said "Oops." and Jerry soon found out
that it was when the doc had accidentally ripped the flap right off
the eye. Jerry suffered a lot more pain and itching from that little
mistake but it did eventually heal again.

--
Knowledge and timber shouldn't be much used till they are seasoned.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ping Iggy VFD News Paul Metalworking 4 October 13th 07 04:38 AM
Ping: Iggy Jon Danniken Metalworking 1 September 15th 07 06:27 PM
Iggy... video ripper Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] Metalworking 1 August 15th 07 08:05 PM