Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Very funny story (bought back a Siemens VFD I sold a year ago)

Very funny story.

Around last fall to January, I sold several Siemens VFDs.

For my Quincy I got at auction, I needed a drive, so a week ago I
purchased a Siemens drive that was rated at 25 HP. The price was $469.

When I received it today, I got a feeling that I saw it before. So I
dug my old records, and found an auction for the 25 HP drive, and
opened pictures.

To my huge surprise, the drive I bought, was oe of the drives that I
sold (looking at identifying tags). Not a similar one, but the same
physical drive. So I got my old drive, back.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus7291" wrote in message
Very funny story.

Around last fall to January, I sold several Siemens VFDs.

For my Quincy I got at auction, I needed a drive, so a week ago I
purchased a Siemens drive that was rated at 25 HP. The price was $469.

When I received it today, I got a feeling that I saw it before. So I
dug my old records, and found an auction for the 25 HP drive, and
opened pictures.

To my huge surprise, the drive I bought, was oe of the drives that I
sold (looking at identifying tags). Not a similar one, but the same
physical drive. So I got my old drive, back.

I sure hope you sold it for more than you paid back for it. d8-)

A friend of mine, who got wealthy in the newspaper business, sold his '57
T-bird for $2,500 and then bought it back 20 years later, after spending a
bundle having it tracked down around the country, for $12,000 as a
basket-case wreck. Then he spend $60,000 to have it restored.

I told him that I was glad his business sense had improved over the years.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-10-27, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus7291" wrote in message
Very funny story.

Around last fall to January, I sold several Siemens VFDs.

For my Quincy I got at auction, I needed a drive, so a week ago I
purchased a Siemens drive that was rated at 25 HP. The price was $469.

When I received it today, I got a feeling that I saw it before. So I
dug my old records, and found an auction for the 25 HP drive, and
opened pictures.

To my huge surprise, the drive I bought, was oe of the drives that I
sold (looking at identifying tags). Not a similar one, but the same
physical drive. So I got my old drive, back.

I sure hope you sold it for more than you paid back for it. d8-)

I paid about $30 more than I sold it for. (when shipping is factored in)

I bought it from the same person I sold it to. I have all emails from
that time.

A friend of mine, who got wealthy in the newspaper business, sold his '57
T-bird for $2,500 and then bought it back 20 years later, after spending a
bundle having it tracked down around the country, for $12,000 as a
basket-case wreck. Then he spend $60,000 to have it restored.

I told him that I was glad his business sense had improved over the years.

Now, I feel a little like that businessman.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 26, 11:16 pm, Ignoramus7291
On 2007-10-27, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus7291" wrote in message
m...
[...]

SO you paid him $30 to store it for a year and deliver it back via
shipper.... Thats not too bad odds are you used the space for other
things?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:16:31 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus7291 quickly quoth:

On 2007-10-27, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Ignoramus7291" wrote in message
Very funny story.

Around last fall to January, I sold several Siemens VFDs.

For my Quincy I got at auction, I needed a drive, so a week ago I
purchased a Siemens drive that was rated at 25 HP. The price was $469.

When I received it today, I got a feeling that I saw it before. So I
dug my old records, and found an auction for the 25 HP drive, and
opened pictures.

To my huge surprise, the drive I bought, was oe of the drives that I
sold (looking at identifying tags). Not a similar one, but the same
physical drive. So I got my old drive, back.

I sure hope you sold it for more than you paid back for it. d8-)

I paid about $30 more than I sold it for. (when shipping is factored in)

I bought it from the same person I sold it to. I have all emails from
that time.

I'll bet he's laughing, too. He finally made a profit on it! Well,
Ig, your method sure beats renting a storage space for a year. I still
can't believe all the money people waste at those, especially when you
figure in what they're storing there. If they tossed out their junk at
home, they'd have room for the other complete junk they pay to store.
Like lotteries, storage facilities are essentially just a tax on the
dumb. (Based on a super-vast majority of the people I know and have
read/heard about.)

A friend of mine, who got wealthy in the newspaper business, sold his '57
T-bird for $2,500 and then bought it back 20 years later, after spending a
bundle having it tracked down around the country, for $12,000 as a
basket-case wreck. Then he spend $60,000 to have it restored.

I told him that I was glad his business sense had improved over the years.

Now, I feel a little like that businessman.

Economically, you're miles ahead of him.

--
Jewish Zen:
Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus7291 wrote:
Very funny story.

Around last fall to January, I sold several Siemens VFDs.

For my Quincy I got at auction, I needed a drive, so a week ago I
purchased a Siemens drive that was rated at 25 HP. The price was $469.

When I received it today, I got a feeling that I saw it before. So I
dug my old records, and found an auction for the 25 HP drive, and
opened pictures.

To my huge surprise, the drive I bought, was oe of the drives that I
sold (looking at identifying tags). Not a similar one, but the same
physical drive. So I got my old drive, back.

Very funny! So, did you pay more for it than you sold it for,
or less? That's the "rest of the story" we need to know!

I think there are a LOT of sophisticated items like that that
just float around on eBay, over and over.

Jon

A funny story Alun Woodturning 20 December 18th 05 05:18 PM
A funny student story about glue John Moorhead Woodworking 129 May 7th 05 01:00 PM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM
Funny story about house [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 19th 04 11:02 PM