Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone Have a Westward 1KEN7 Drill Press (1 HP, 1 Ph., 20", MT3, etc.)

Anyone got one?

I'm looking for some measurements off the machine. One measurement is
needed to .001" but the rest could be provided to 1/16" or so and would work
just fine for me...

These are Grainger sold drill presses... If someone is visiting a Grainger
and can take measurements, I'll take care of you...

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Replying to re-queue at the top of the list for some folks... Still looking
for info.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Anyone got one?

I'm looking for some measurements off the machine. One measurement is
needed to .001" but the rest could be provided to 1/16" or so and would
work just fine for me...

These are Grainger sold drill presses... If someone is visiting a
Grainger and can take measurements, I'll take care of you...

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone Have a GRAINGER (Westward 1KEN7) Drill Press (1 HP, 1 Ph., 20", MT3, etc.)

Someone mentioned in a private e-mail to me that I should have put the
"Grainger" name in the subject line in the first place.

Good idea...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Anyone got one?

I'm looking for some measurements off the machine. One measurement is
needed to .001" but the rest could be provided to 1/16" or so and would
work just fine for me...

These are Grainger sold drill presses... If someone is visiting a
Grainger and can take measurements, I'll take care of you...

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes, Joe I have one. I won't be back at the shop till Monday.
Send me a list of what you need. I have modified the table lock
and table raising crank and have installed a large removable wood
table cover.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Anyone got one?

I'm looking for some measurements off the machine. One
measurement is needed to .001" but the rest could be provided to
1/16" or so and would work just fine for me...

These are Grainger sold drill presses... If someone is visiting
a Grainger and can take measurements, I'll take care of you...

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
http://www.AutoDrill.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dan,

Thanks for the offer. Very much appreciated.

If you want a drawing of the quill on your machine in PDF or ACAD format,
let me know. It's NOT a parts drawing. It's only a drawing showing the
measurements for a multiple spindle head or similar quill attachment.

Someone else came along and provided the info from another group so I'm all
set at this point.

One thing I would love to know though is how well the laser guided spotting
works and whether it looks removable, etc.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am a bit disappointed. I had seen a Delta drill press with the
laser set up. It shot a crosshair as I recall, though I didn't
study it well. The laser unit on the Westward has two beams, but
they are not at right angles to each other and so do not create a
typical crosshair. Looks great and usable on a sheet of white
paper laying flat on the work top, in real life, not so usable. I
think if the lines crossed closer to a 90 it would more usable,
though the lines are adjustable to fine tune and stay where they
are set. This unit is fairly new to me, less than 2 months. It
does everything I ask of it and does it well, and boy is it heavy
and solid.

I have looked at just doing away with the laser. It would come
off readily I think, but the depth gauge is attached to it and
would require a rethink. I've just not had the time or need to do
it. I acquired a Leeson 1 1/2 horse variable speed DC motor from
a discarded treadmill. I think I am more interested in setting it
up with a double pole, double throw switch to make it reversible
than in fiddling with the laser. I would also like to get a
tapping head for it. Right now it's just getting used.

Glad you were able to get your information.

--
______________________________

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dan,

Not sure how I missed this post... But thank you again. Useful info.

Sometimes those new fancy attachments are more trouble than they are worth!

There is a Grizzly G0521 that automatically reverses for tapping without a
tap head BTW... I'd bet it is at least as heavy, if not more so than
anything except an older WW2 era drill press or some super-expensive gear
head unit, etc. We bought it to experiment with and other than a really
stooooopid speed adjustment method (you have to basically remove pulleys!)
it is bullet proof so far and our favorite drill press in the shop.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CLIP

I acquired a Leeson 1 1/2 horse variable speed DC motor from a discarded
treadmill. I think I am more interested in setting it up with a double
pole, double throw switch to make it reversible than in fiddling with the
laser. I would also like to get a tapping head for it. Right now it's
just getting used.

CLIP

Make sure that motor is stopped... I'm guessing your controls will blow if
you simply reverse it without stopping the motor's rotation...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R