Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Round Base for Machine

I am looking for a 12" round base for a machine I am building. The one
that is on the prototype appears to be stamped steel piece with a 1"
high rounded edge and about 1/8" to 3/16" thick. I need to find
something similar, but am not having any luck. I can buy a 12" piece
of aluminum and machine it if I have to, but I would rather save the
money and time. Anyone have any ideas where I might find something
like this?

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:32:38 -0500, technomaNge

I am looking for a 12" round base for a machine I am building. The one
that is on the prototype appears to be stamped steel piece with a 1"
high rounded edge and about 1/8" to 3/16" thick. I need to find
something similar, but am not having any luck. I can buy a 12" piece
of aluminum and machine it if I have to, but I would rather save the
money and time. Anyone have any ideas where I might find something
like this?

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Visit Goodwill or yer local thrift store.
Look for old iron weights.

technomaNge

Bake drum/rotor ?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hum -
Sounds like a cover I designed for my surface grinder.

Think layers.

A plasma machine guy - like me - cut the large flat.
Then they cut two rings out that stack or 4 or 6.....
Stack them - tack them, weld the batch together.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:
I am looking for a 12" round base for a machine I am building. The one
that is on the prototype appears to be stamped steel piece with a 1"
high rounded edge and about 1/8" to 3/16" thick. I need to find
something similar, but am not having any luck. I can buy a 12" piece
of aluminum and machine it if I have to, but I would rather save the
money and time. Anyone have any ideas where I might find something
like this?

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

Bake drum/rotor ?

Why do you want to bake a drum?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Gerald Miller wrote:

Bake drum/rotor ?

Why do you want to bake a drum?

Yum!

Title: Savory Baked Drumfish
Yield: 6 Servings

Ingredients

2 lb black drum fillets; or other
- fish fillets
2 ts lemon juice
1 ds pepper
6 sl bacon; chopped
1/2 c soft bread crumbs
2 tb chopped parsley
3/4 c thinly sliced onion
2 tb bacon fat

Instructions

Skin fillets and place in a single layer in a greased baking dish, 12x8x2
inches.

Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.

Fry bacon until crisp.

Remove bacon from fat. Add to bread crumbs and parsley.

Cook onion in bacon fat until tender.

Spread onion over fish.

Sprinkle crumb mixture over top of onion.

Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish
flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Possum Kingdom Lake Cookbook

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:04:39 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

Bake drum/rotor ?

Why do you want to bake a drum?

Damned left handed touch typing did it again. My brain works faster
than my finger.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

[...]

Baked carp:
Remove all bones and spread carp skin side up on a basswood slab. Bake
in moderate oven until the skin starts to curl at the edges. Throw the
fish in the garbage and eat the basswood slab.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada