Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Cholesterol after 3 years of eating mostly meat and fat

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is
about same as it was two years ago, at 197. (it was 187 2 years ago in
March 2005). Glucose is at 81, trigs at 67, HDL at 46 and LDL at
138. The doctor said that my cholesterol was fine.

I do not personally believe that cholesterol is a useful measure of
health, but in any case, eating a lot of fatty meat does not seem to
affect it that much.

I do, however, try to not eat too much milk fat.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I had my cholesterol done again, ...

Oh, and I read Colchester!
But while you were at the doctor, did you let check your brain to? Or didn't
he find any?

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I pay absolutely no attention to what I eat. Partial to those 4" tall
flame broiled bacon double cheeseburgers with extra everything, and
fries. Give you a heart attack just looking at one. No pop. Plenty of
brownies, no candy. Bacon/eggs,HB's, red meat, deep fried chicken and
fish. 1 gal whole milk/week. I weigh 160 lbs. Cholesterol last measure
was 165.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is
about same as it was two years ago, at 197. (it was 187 2 years ago in
March 2005). Glucose is at 81, trigs at 67, HDL at 46 and LDL at
138. The doctor said that my cholesterol was fine.

I do not personally believe that cholesterol is a useful measure of
health, but in any case, eating a lot of fatty meat does not seem to
affect it that much.

I do, however, try to not eat too much milk fat.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with the 12"
rotary table I picked up downstate today.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:07:46 -0400, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with the 12"
rotary table I picked up downstate today.

What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with the
12"
rotary table I picked up downstate today.

What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Lazy Susan. He was eating lunch, remember?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3635 wrote:

What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Yup.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 28, 4:35 pm, JR North wrote:
I pay absolutely no attention to what I eat. Partial to those 4" tall
flame broiled bacon double cheeseburgers with extra everything, and
fries. Give you a heart attack just looking at one. No pop. Plenty of
brownies, no candy. Bacon/eggs,HB's, red meat, deep fried chicken and
fish. 1 gal whole milk/week. I weigh 160 lbs. Cholesterol last measure
was 165.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

I seem to remember Gunner boasting about his physical abilities
(running 10 miles with a 50lb pack, lifting such and such weight)
which sounded very impressive.... Until his heart attack. (Sorry
Gunner, just entertaining an accessable example).

Not trying to preach, but I can't imagine that diet is what your body
really wants.

Regards,

Robin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with the
12"
rotary table I picked up downstate today.

What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Lazy Susan. He was eating lunch, remember?

--
Ed Huntress

You can't talk about my wife that way! :-)

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. net...

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with
the 12"
rotary table I picked up downstate today.

What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Lazy Susan. He was eating lunch, remember?

--
Ed Huntress

You can't talk about my wife that way! :-)

My apologies to Susan. I'll bet she's had to put up with that corny crack
through her entire life, eh? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:35:23 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

.net...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Ignoramus3635" wrote in message
What kind of rotary table? Troyke?

Lazy Susan. He was eating lunch, remember?

You can't talk about my wife that way! :-)

My apologies to Susan. I'll bet she's had to put up with that corny crack
through her entire life, eh? d8-)

Uh, oh. I'd better not touch that one, so to speak.

--
The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
------------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18262 wrote:
I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is
about same as it was two years ago, at 197. (it was 187 2 years ago in
March 2005). Glucose is at 81, trigs at 67, HDL at 46 and LDL at
138. The doctor said that my cholesterol was fine.

Gout is not much fun.

I do not personally believe that cholesterol is a useful measure of
health, but in any case, eating a lot of fatty meat does not seem to
affect it that much.

I do, however, try to not eat too much milk fat.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18262 wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is
about same as it was two years ago, at 197. (it was 187 2 years ago in
March 2005). Glucose is at 81, trigs at 67, HDL at 46 and LDL at
138. The doctor said that my cholesterol was fine.

I do not personally believe that cholesterol is a useful measure of
health, but in any case, eating a lot of fatty meat does not seem to
affect it that much.

I do, however, try to not eat too much milk fat.

It's rather ironic that you've decided to play "Russian Roulette'
with your health.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Fred Carpenter wrote:

I am low carbing and am eating mostly meat and vegs. No bread, sweets,
pop, rice, etc.

I had my cholesterol done again, after 2.5 years. My cholesterol is
about same as it was two years ago, at 197. (it was 187 2 years ago in
March 2005). Glucose is at 81, trigs at 67, HDL at 46 and LDL at
138. The doctor said that my cholesterol was fine.

Gout is not much fun.

My experience is that gout comes from internal organs like liver,
kidney, etc (pepperoni). Maybe peas and beans, but other meats & veges
are no problem

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote in :

snip
I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with
the 12" rotary table I picked up downstate today.

Wes

Sure it goes down fine, just wait till it has to come out.......

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill wrote:

Wes wrote in :

snip
I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with
the 12" rotary table I picked up downstate today.

Wes

Sure it goes down fine, just wait till it has to come out.......

Bill

That's what boring tools were made for.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:07:41 -0500, Bill wrote:

Wes wrote in :

snip
I ate at arby's today. Roast beef and chedder went really good with
the 12" rotary table I picked up downstate today.

Wes

Sure it goes down fine, just wait till it has to come out.......

Bill

Im trying to figure out how to unload the 18" rotary indexer from my
trailer.

Anybody need one?

Air powered, rotates a programable number of degrees, then locks.

Nice for bolt circles etc.

Gunner