Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vergeltungswaffe 1 Operations Manual

Yup. Scored a bound reprint of the Top Secret Nazi operational manual
for the Vergeltungswaffe 1 V1 Buzz Bomb on Ebay. Should be an absolutely
fascinating read (it's in German, of course). 234 pages. Got a Brand new
never-run Dyna-Jet last year...into the pulse jet thing, I guess. It's
so pretty, I can't bring myself to fire it up. Maybe I'll roll and tig
up a full sized working copy of the V1 Argus Schmidt pulse jet...(metal
content).
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:10:02 -0700, JR North wrote:
Yup. Scored a bound reprint of the Top Secret Nazi operational manual
for the Vergeltungswaffe 1 V1 Buzz Bomb on Ebay. Should be an absolutely
fascinating read (it's in German, of course). 234 pages. Got a Brand new
never-run Dyna-Jet last year...into the pulse jet thing, I guess. It's
so pretty, I can't bring myself to fire it up. Maybe I'll roll and tig
up a full sized working copy of the V1 Argus Schmidt pulse jet...(metal
content).

I think that it would be a great public service if someone could scan
it and post it publicly. Those rockets were very innovative in very
many ways.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus29233 wrote:

I think that it would be a great public service if someone could scan
it and post it publicly. Those rockets were very innovative in very
many ways.

I second the motion.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus29233 wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:10:02 -0700, JR North wrote:
Yup. Scored a bound reprint of the Top Secret Nazi operational manual
for the Vergeltungswaffe 1 V1 Buzz Bomb on Ebay. Should be an absolutely
fascinating read (it's in German, of course). 234 pages. Got a Brand new
never-run Dyna-Jet last year...into the pulse jet thing, I guess. It's
so pretty, I can't bring myself to fire it up. Maybe I'll roll and tig
up a full sized working copy of the V1 Argus Schmidt pulse jet...(metal
content).

I think that it would be a great public service if someone could scan
it and post it publicly. Those rockets were very innovative in very
many ways.

Some time ago, there was a site (in Iceland, afair), that had more than
you ever wanted to know about V1. I don't know what became of it.

I suppose that manual is "likely to be of use to a terrorist", is it?
The jail's this way... :-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:18:28 -0400, Wes wrote:

Ignoramus29233 wrote:

I think that it would be a great public service if someone could scan
it and post it publicly. Those rockets were very innovative in very
many ways.

I second the motion.

Wes

==========
click on
http://naca.larc.nasa.gov/reports/19...a-wr-e-269.pdf
http://aardvark.co.nz/pjet/argusv1.shtml
http://srl.org/machines/v1/
http://www.pulse-jets.com/pulse3.htm
http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=12&gl=us
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/theses/avail...ricted/etd.pdf
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/theses/avail...ricted/etd.pdf
http://www.ims.nus.edu.sg/Programs/f...1_intro_Lu.pdf

not free but of interest
http://rocketsciencebooks.home.att.net/jpl-jets.html

for more google on V-1 pulse-jet pdf OR download for 26k hits

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.