Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default anyone have a clue what this tool is used for (electronics? gaskets?) - odd thing

image posted to metalworking drop box,
(http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/) file names "mystery tool with
handle" - text and jpg file

looks to me like it's for smoothing a bead or something - but there is
no
brand name or clue to be sure

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
image posted to metalworking drop box,
(http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/) file names "mystery tool with
handle" - text and jpg file

looks to me like it's for smoothing a bead or something - but there is
no
brand name or clue to be sure

Sheet metal debur tool. Used by drawing it along a cut edge on a piece
of sheet metal.
The two tabs are for using your thumb and index finger to steady the
tool and help
guide it when working with curved cuts, and allows added pressure on
the deburr process
while helping keep your digits away from the sharp edges.

Craig C.