Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cinncinnati Mill info wanted

On Jul 18, 5:24?pm, spamkill at charter dot net
wrote:
Hi
Just bought a used mill a Cincinnati Tool master. I guess I could
not get really lucky and someone still have one with some
documentation but if you do I would love to get a copy someway.
I believe from the motor it is a three phase unit taking either 230 or
460 Vac. I also believe that it is probably a 2-hp motor. This leads
to my first question I have and that is for something like this is the
rotary converters better or the electronics version. I also presume
it would be better to get a larger unit so that I can use it with
other three phase items. I am hoping that this mill will suffice for
a little while for my start-up metal-working hobby. The ways seem to
be in decent shape. The handles seem to have the most damage and I
think I will try to cast some new ones. I guess before try to figure
out how to run it I might as well try to clean it up some. I was
think about using gunk (like the car motor version) to do this. It is
basically covered with oil(lub from milling I presume). It is
currently just outside the front door where they unloaded it so it
seems to be a good time to clean it. Any surprises I should look out
for or expect. Thanks for any and all help. If necessary or asked to
I will try to post pics to help.

Toolmaster is a good rigid mill. Square saddle ways on mine which is
an early one with step-pulley head and power down feed. No power to
the table which is a nice compact 36" length. Perfect size for my
Cincinnati 16" power-capable rotary table which gets lots of use.
Very nice machine if in good condition. Consider yourself blessed to
have one! The later variable speed heads look very complicated to a
novice mechanic such as myself.
Health, Peace
Honest Al Babin
K-MArt cashier Bristol Conn store