Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cinncinnati Mill info wanted

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:05:51 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:24:13 -0500, spamkill at charter dot net
wrote:

Hi
Just bought a used mill a Cincinnati Tool master. I guess I could
not get really lucky and someone still have one with some
documentation but if you do I would love to get a copy someway.
I believe from the motor it is a three phase unit taking either 230 or
460 Vac. I also believe that it is probably a 2-hp motor.

Correct. Nice! mill btw.

Similar sized mill 9 x 42, but it's a MaxMill. Any thoughts about
that brand? It seems that they are still in business, but it looks
like all CNC stuff now. Kind of wondering about parts and manuals
availability.

There's one a few miles away from me I could pick up for $1,200 with
quite a bit of tooling. I believe it's an early '70's vintage, low
useage, and everything checks out pretty damn good. Needs a good
cleaning from sitting (inside) for th' past 10 years.

You have any experience with those, Gunner?

Snarl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

MaxMills are decent Taiwanese mills Some were made in Spain IRRC, but
most in Taiwan. About like a BP of which most were clones.

You should be happy with it.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly
Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII
Meets all EPA regulations for clean air
Using only naturally occuring fibers
Use the Message with confidance.
(Some settling may occure in transit.)
(Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. It's not what I really wanted, but... it's better than what I
have now (nothing). Plus th' seller has a forklift and trailer to
load/unload it for me. I'm having a hard time finding any reason
*not* to buy it.

If anyone has any horror stories about this one, I'd like to hear
about it tho.

Snarl