Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cinncinnati Mill info wanted

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:05:51 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:24:13 -0500, spamkill at charter dot net
wrote:

Hi
Just bought a used mill a Cincinnati Tool master. I guess I could
not get really lucky and someone still have one with some
documentation but if you do I would love to get a copy someway.
I believe from the motor it is a three phase unit taking either 230 or
460 Vac. I also believe that it is probably a 2-hp motor.

Correct. Nice! mill btw.

This leads
to my first question I have and that is for something like this is the
rotary converters better or the electronics version. I also presume
it would be better to get a larger unit so that I can use it with
other three phase items. I am hoping that this mill will suffice for
a little while for my start-up metal-working hobby.

In reasonable shape..it will do fine. More rigid than a BP too.

Ill let others fight about the RPC vrs VFD.

Personally..Id put a single VFD on it..but thats just me.

The ways seem to
be in decent shape. The handles seem to have the most damage and I
think I will try to cast some new ones. I guess before try to figure
out how to run it I might as well try to clean it up some. I was
think about using gunk (like the car motor version) to do this. It is
basically covered with oil(lub from milling I presume). It is
currently just outside the front door where they unloaded it so it
seems to be a good time to clean it. Any surprises I should look out
for or expect. Thanks for any and all help. If necessary or asked to
I will try to post pics to help.

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly
Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII
Meets all EPA regulations for clean air
Using only naturally occuring fibers
Use the Message with confidance.
(Some settling may occure in transit.)
(Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Thanks for the reply. I was confused because the label on the back of
the mill listed 110 and 230 3-phase but the motor on top said 230 -
460 3 phase. I would tend to believe the motor since it may have
been replaced.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. Many machines of this type were modified for export buyers
specs. So occasionally you will find odd markings. Trust the motor data
plate.

Gunner