Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Varmint heartbreak

A rabbit moved in here this year - the first one in recent memory. I
anticipated widespread destruction (we have an unfenced vegetable garden
full of rabbit delights, as well as extensive flower gardens), but
nothing was eaten!! The only time we see him eating is in the lawn
(clover?). He is cute and the dogs like to chase him, so he's safe ...
for now.

The deer are another story, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Live and let live,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:52:11 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

A rabbit moved in here this year - the first one in recent memory. I
anticipated widespread destruction (we have an unfenced vegetable garden
full of rabbit delights, as well as extensive flower gardens), but
nothing was eaten!! The only time we see him eating is in the lawn
(clover?). He is cute and the dogs like to chase him, so he's safe ...
for now.

The deer are another story, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Live and let live,
Bob

Addressed to rabbits, that might read: "let live and live". I
wouldn't bother them if they didn't eat milady's garden. I don't
bother the bazillion squirrels around here because they don't bother
me.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

Addressed to rabbits, that might read: "let live and live". I
wouldn't bother them if they didn't eat milady's garden. I don't
bother the bazillion squirrels around here because they don't bother
me.

Professional courtesy? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:51:25 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Addressed to rabbits, that might read: "let live and live". I
wouldn't bother them if they didn't eat milady's garden. I don't
bother the bazillion squirrels around here because they don't bother
me.

Professional courtesy? ;-)

As regards "let live and live", I guess one might say that. Neither
rabbits nor squirrels shoot back so it isn't exactly professional, but
milady's flowers do merit defense from flower-eatin' varmints. I also
have my DD214. ;)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Addressed to rabbits, that might read: "let live and live". I
wouldn't bother them if they didn't eat milady's garden. I don't
bother the bazillion squirrels around here because they don't bother
me.

Professional courtesy? ;-)

As regards "let live and live", I guess one might say that. Neither
rabbits nor squirrels shoot back so it isn't exactly professional, but
milady's flowers do merit defense from flower-eatin' varmints.

That's good news for the four legged varmints.

I also have my DD214. ;)

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:27:07 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

Yes.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

Yes.

Must not have been a Marine.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

Yes.

A lot of Veterans deny they exist. Mostly ex Marines.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

Yes.

A lot of Veterans deny they exist. Mostly ex Marines.

Every U.S.Marine, regardless of specialty (cook, clerk, mechanic) is
also a rifleman. "Support troops" in non-combat arms branches of some
other services don't have that expectation or training.

In the U.S.Army, combat arms officers (infantry, arty, armor/cavalry,
corps of engrs) all get the same training for their branch, then some
attend other schools like airborne, ranger, etc. MOS really doesn't
mean much: the job is always to lead their unit to accomplish
whatever mission is assigned.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

Yes.

A lot of Veterans deny they exist. Mostly ex Marines.

Every U.S.Marine, regardless of specialty (cook, clerk, mechanic) is
also a rifleman. "Support troops" in non-combat arms branches of some
other services don't have that expectation or training.

In the U.S.Army, combat arms officers (infantry, arty, armor/cavalry,
corps of engrs) all get the same training for their branch, then some
attend other schools like airborne, ranger, etc. MOS really doesn't
mean much: the job is always to lead their unit to accomplish
whatever mission is assigned.

I was assigned to special services: IE: electronics support work. My
longest assignment was as a broadcast engineer. Also, I never went
through AIT. (Advanced Individual Training) I was legally blind in one
eye, had bad feet, hearing problems, respiratory problems, and
circulatory problems, each one was enough to kept me from enlisting.
Then they found out about my background in electronics, and drafted me.
The problems were so bad they offered me a medical discharge while I was
in basic training. I passed out after one of the last few PT sessions,
but I said "Shove it, 'Sir'" and stuck it out for the full six year
commitment of active and reserve duty.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell