Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Varmint heartbreak

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:21:28 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:27:07 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Glad to hear it! I am active in local Veterans activities, and I not
ashamed of my time in the military. BTW, have you ever seen a DD214
with no secondary MOS?

Yes.

A lot of Veterans deny they exist. Mostly ex Marines.

Every U.S.Marine, regardless of specialty (cook, clerk, mechanic) is
also a rifleman. "Support troops" in non-combat arms branches of some
other services don't have that expectation or training.

In the U.S.Army, combat arms officers (infantry, arty, armor/cavalry,
corps of engrs) all get the same training for their branch, then some
attend other schools like airborne, ranger, etc. MOS really doesn't
mean much: the job is always to lead their unit to accomplish
whatever mission is assigned.

I was assigned to special services: IE: electronics support work. My
longest assignment was as a broadcast engineer. Also, I never went
through AIT. (Advanced Individual Training) I was legally blind in one
eye, had bad feet, hearing problems, respiratory problems, and
circulatory problems, each one was enough to kept me from enlisting.
Then they found out about my background in electronics, and drafted me.
The problems were so bad they offered me a medical discharge while I was
in basic training. I passed out after one of the last few PT sessions,
but I said "Shove it, 'Sir'" and stuck it out for the full six year
commitment of active and reserve duty.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell