Gunner

Default Chinese mini-lathe factory pictures etc.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:30:58 GMT, "charles"
wrote:

Isnt it nice that the republicans are helping make the tyrannical chinese
communists the worlds industrial superpower?

Wasnt it nice of the Democrats to give all those missile secrets to
the Chinese too? Then there are the W-80 secrets....

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
C.A. Decker

Dear Larry:

My lip feels just fine. You assume, incorrectly, that I didn't see past
your lame attempt at humour - or should I spell it 'humor' for those of
you who don't understand the English language? You assume, incorrectly
again, that any joke, no matter how bad, is worth telling. Har, har, har
- there, I got it. Does that make you feel better? It still goes to
show that you have the intellect of an amoeba (a single celled life form
with no definite form, and more importantly, with no brain - just in case
you didn't know). In spite of your attempt to save your ass by implying
people didn't get your pathetic little joke, you're still a loser. Get a
brain, grow up, and hopefully, blow away in the next breeze that comes
along.

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

How does that hook in your lip feel, anyway?

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:03:21 GMT, "C.A. Decker"
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

How does that hook in your lip feel, anyway?

I corrected your silly top posting, Mr. Canuckistani.

Dear Larry:

My lip feels just fine. You assume, incorrectly, that I didn't see past
your lame attempt at humour - or should I spell it 'humor' for those of
you who don't understand the English language? You assume, incorrectly
again, that any joke, no matter how bad, is worth telling. Har, har, har
- there, I got it. Does that make you feel better? It still goes to
show that you have the intellect of an amoeba (a single celled life form
with no definite form, and more importantly, with no brain - just in case
you didn't know). In spite of your attempt to save your ass by implying
people didn't get your pathetic little joke, you're still a loser. Get a
brain, grow up, and hopefully, blow away in the next breeze that comes
along.

See a chiropractor. That huge chip on your shoulder is obviously
causing you much pain if you're like this on a daily basis.

Hasta!

--
- Tom Mix Died For Your Sins -
--------------------------

RoyJ

I had a friend that sources quite a bit of product in China, Korea,
Pakistan, etc look at the pictures. He has visited many plants like this
to do the qualification audits. His (edited) comments were very interesting:

-There is no evidence of any documentation at ANY workstation. How do
you know what to build, how many, etc etc.
-Quality control, what's that? Rework mixed in with current production.
-Measuring equipment is really substandard.
-Computer eqipment in the Engineering area is not up to par.
-Plant layout and material flow was poor.
-Safety was about par for Chinese factories, no safety glasses, boots,
etc etc.
-Building was fairly new, perhaps 10 years old.
-PCB and motor fab areas were really substandard. Why not buy that
outside and focus on machining.

Net: This plant was NOT up to current Chinese level good practices for a
similar level plant. The other plants don't have higher costs, they just
run more effieciently.

One general comment: take a look at the amount of rework. Labor is cheap
but the Chinese are frugal. Rework a part until it is right, even if it
costs lots of extra hours. Of course, it's hard to get it right after
someone has fiddled with it several times. Once they start focusing on
doing it right the FIRST time, their costs go down. And then they become
tough competitors.

AZOTIC wrote:
If you are curious how chinese manufactures build the
mini-lathes and mini-mills that are sold by grizzly and
harbor frieght etc, here is a nice picture tour of a
modern chinese manufacturing plant that makes them.

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/photos/lmsphotos.php

Best Regards
Tom.
I love the inspection dept.