Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Scorsi

Default Welch 1402 advice Please

Hello, I have just bought a Welch 1402 second hand which I want to use
to degas silicone and urethane/resin.

1) Where do you put the oil? (crazy question I know)

2) what oil is acceptable to use I have some Robinair direct drive oil
and in a thread I researched somebody mentioned curt lesker and
company Tv-019 I want as good a vacuum as I can get without recking
the pump, but I am not sure I want to pay Welch Duo seal oil prices.

3) The inlet and outlet ports do not have barbs screwed in does
anybody know of a source for 13/16th 20thread/in barbs (that dont cost
welch prices -60 bucks a piece)

Any other advice/sources would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks Steve