Wild Bill

Default Welch 1402 advice Please

Check the group archives with google for a fairly recent (6 months, maybe)
thread about a Welch 1405 or 1402 in the subject line. Someone was asking
about an inlet chamber in one post.

Those threads don't sound common for any types of fittings that I'm familiar
with, but check around at auto parts stores, plumbing places, or
appliance/HVAC parts suppliers and maybe you'll find a fitting that you can
adapt barbs to.

Maybe you've already reviewed the Welch site, but I think there were some
application/operation PDF files about general operating procedures for their
pumps.

WB

"Scorsi" wrote in message
om...
Hello, I have just bought a Welch 1402 second hand which I want to use
to degas silicone and urethane/resin.

1) Where do you put the oil? (crazy question I know)

2) what oil is acceptable to use I have some Robinair direct drive oil
and in a thread I researched somebody mentioned curt lesker and
company Tv-019 I want as good a vacuum as I can get without recking
the pump, but I am not sure I want to pay Welch Duo seal oil prices.

3) The inlet and outlet ports do not have barbs screwed in does
anybody know of a source for 13/16th 20thread/in barbs (that dont cost
welch prices -60 bucks a piece)

Any other advice/sources would be sincerely appreciated.
Thanks Steve