ED ROGERS

Default Lathemaster 9x20 lathe

Is this type of lathe available under another banner name?Lathemaster's
website seemingly is always out of stock on all their machinery.

Bill Janssen

Paul Hiers wrote:

(ED ROGERS) wrote in message ...

Is this type of lathe available under another banner name?Lathemaster's
website seemingly is always out of stock on all their machinery.

try www.grizzley.com
www.use-enco.com
all the 9x20 are about the same where ever you get them

Paul in NE Ohio

There can be some minor but important differences. My Jet 9x20 has a
different spindle.

Bill K7NOM

ED ROGERS

The Lathemaster looks different from the other 9x20 types.I think from a
website photo from a few years back it was sold by Samuel
machinery.Don't think they exist anymore.My second choice is the Grizzly
11x26 lathe.The drive to Grizzly is a 4 hour drive to there Pa.
location.Want to see the footprint of this lathe as I am limited on
space.

Len S

To specifically answer the question. An essential equivalent can be
had from Grizzly or Harbor Freight.

(ED ROGERS) wrote in message ...
Is this type of lathe available under another banner name?Lathemaster's
website seemingly is always out of stock on all their machinery.

Wild Bill

Most of the machine importer/dealers have a version of the 9x20 lathe.
They're pretty much all the same, with a few exceptions such as free
shipping, a chip tray or additional piece of tooling included, or in the
case of the Jet model which might have a SAE thread on the spindle nose (as
someone else pointed out).
The Enco price this month is $850 with free shipping. Lift gate truck
service is extra, but if you can have a helper to pick it off the delivery
truck you don't need it (250 pounds crated). Their current pricing is up
about $200 from about 2-3 years ago.

The 9x20 will fit nicely on a stand with a 24" x 42" benchtop.

WB

"ED ROGERS" wrote in message
Is this type of lathe available under another banner name?Lathemaster's
website seemingly is always out of stock on all their machinery.

Leigh Knudson

"Wild Bill" wrote in message ...
Most of the machine importer/dealers have a version of the 9x20 lathe.
They're pretty much all the same, with a few exceptions such as free
shipping, a chip tray or additional piece of tooling included, or in the
case of the Jet model which might have a SAE thread on the spindle nose (a

I have a nice clean Jet version, with most of the tooling, on a
factory stand. Price is $750. and it is in Wright's hardware in Costa
Mesa,CA. There is a an 8% price increase coming shortly, on all Jet
products, so you can expect all far east imports will be going up as
well. Leigh@MarMachine
ED ROGERS

I had a Jet BD920 and sold it when I moved.Years later I went to a tool
expo where the Jet was originally purchased.Unless the model was laying
in some warehouse for years the quality was worse than my older unit
(which was not great to begin with).The supposed extra quality of a Jet
product was not there.