Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carl mciver

Default Getting a VFD on ebay

Many years ago I got some experience working with VFD's as an industrial
electrician. Now that I'm trying to get one off of ebay for a mill drill,
I'm having a hard time finding one.
I'm trying to find one that will run my three phase 220 drill mill with
1.5hp motor, off of my 220 single phase house current. I'm sure that most
VFD's made for three phase will run from single phase, but I'm not totally
comfortable with that assumption, so am seeking some guidance from those
whose knowledge is way more current than mine. I'd like to run with a drive
that has a bit more capacity than needed, for derating and not wanting to
run the drive all the way up to the limits.
I couldn't find anything on the web that would offer any useful
guidance, so any help here would be greatly appreciated. The manufacturer's
web sites are a slog to find data in that's useful, and even that data
assumes a fairly recent product, rather than something a few years old, so I
could look for data on ten drives on ebay and get lucky to find data on
maybe one, which doesn't help me much, it seems.

FA: Dumore Tool Post Grinder Inserts, K.O. Lee Index Disc and other metalworking items on Ebay [email protected] Metalworking 88 April 17th 06 06:15 AM
EBay hack Don Foreman Metalworking 59 March 23rd 05 02:32 AM
WARNING ! New ebay email scam ! Or should I say newest version of an old one Puff Griffis Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 02:22 AM
eBay Scam Marv Soloff Metalworking 5 December 31st 03 01:16 PM