Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default anyone here own a ready welder?

I could buy one of these for a good price, not sure how well they are made.
I have a spool gun so don't NEED it but then again I don't need everything I
own.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike

wayne mak wrote:
I could buy one of these for a good price, not sure how well they are made.
I have a spool gun so don't NEED it but then again I don't need everything I
own.

My dad has one and we take it in the trailer when we go Camping - have
off road buggies.

He bought after a guy welded a friends spindle back on his front
suspension and we ran it the rest of the weekend
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Wiley

In article , wayne mak
wrote:

I could buy one of these for a good price, not sure how well they are made.
I have a spool gun so don't NEED it but then again I don't need everything I
own.

I've got one. Haven't used it a lot, burnt one roll of flux cored so
far. It works fine.

Mine runs off of my stick welder, not batteries. The std transformer
supplied was a heavy lump and 110V - I'm in Australia. I bought a
lightweight switchmode power supply and ditched the xformer. Only
necessary if you're running from a DC welder to ensure the voltage
isn't too great for the gun electronics.

Bottom line - if I had to think about buying it again, I would.

PDW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:46:34 -0400, "wayne mak"
wrote:

I could buy one of these for a good price, not sure how well they are made.
I have a spool gun so don't NEED it but then again I don't need everything I
own.

Ernie has spoken highly of them.

Detachable Welder Leads Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 15 April 6th 06 09:59 AM
ready welder habbi Metalworking 2 August 19th 05 09:34 AM
Stryco blade welder Jim Levie Metalworking 18 December 17th 04 08:54 PM
Garage welder wiring questions Tom Gardner Metalworking 4 September 26th 03 06:51 PM
Garage welder wiring questions Tom Kendrick Metalworking 1 September 26th 03 12:56 AM