Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry

Default mini diesel engines

On Fri, 19 May 2006 22:25:24 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Fri, 19 May 2006 05:22:24 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Here in the UK Petrol is just reaching £1/litre and Diesel is around
£1.05/litre.

IIRC that works out at:-
Petrol $6.83/US Gal
Diesel $7.17/US Gal

The economy of turbocharged diesels and small petrol engines is a significant
factor :-(

Mark Rand
RTFM

Can you tell us how much of that $6.83 is tax?

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cydrome Leader

Carl Byrns wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 23:19:16 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Carl Byrns wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:43:03 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

I've been bugging the local tiny diesel engine dealers in the area, and
the stupid ****ers never call back, or answer the phone. I don't get why
it's so hard to try to buy stuff from non-internet based companies.

Again, maybe it's you- the guy who calls me with a good idea of what
he wants, when he wants it, and understands the cost gets my undivided
attention. He's either a pro or has gone out of his way to educate
himself.
I never hang up on someone who isn't on top of the game, however, I
won't sell him something over the phone and will ask him- politely- to
stop in so I can define what he's after. If he chooses not to, no
great loss. He can be a PIA to my competition.

-Carl

Again as I said, If I ask for a price and have specs down to the shaft
option, you're just a dumbass for not coming back with a quote.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cydrome Leader

clare wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2006 07:56:42 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006 01:44:48 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor
qualm, Cydrome Leader quickly quoth:

I found it interesting everybody makes diesel engines, you just won't find
them in the US or in their US site. Honda seems to have a line called GD
or something like that that looks like the GX gas series. I only see them
on the uk and canadian sites.

Why is diesel so unpopular here in the US compared to the rest of the
world?

BEs rule here. Brainless Environmentalists. They look at particulate
smoke being sent out of a poorly maintained diesel truck exhaust stack
and think it's somehow 1,000 times worse than the low-rider belching
oil smoke, CO, NOx, RAP and 9mm lead slugs.

Only US made ones. It was pointed out to me you don't see black clouds
coming from foreign made diesel trucks. It seems to hold true.

Mabee today, but I've seen enough smoky M.A.N,Leyland, Dubkrava,
Mercedes, Peugot and Duetz (as well as a polethora of other makes in
both east and west africa) diesel exhausts that were extremely black
and foul.

I'm not too sure africa is the measure of modern vehicles or anything
maintained correctly.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
[...]

Nobady mentioned "currency". I quote" It was pointed out to me you
don't see black clouds coming from foreign made diesel trucks" Taken
at face value, it is untrue, and my reply is accurate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns

wrote:

Nobady mentioned "currency". I quote" It was pointed out to me you
don't see black clouds coming from foreign made diesel trucks" Taken
at face value, it is untrue, and my reply is accurate.

Clare, you can't argue with this guy- he's never gonna listen. You
gotta love his nickname, though- Cydrome is the name of a failed
computer company.

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cydrome Leader

wrote:

Nobady mentioned "currency". I quote" It was pointed out to me you
don't see black clouds coming from foreign made diesel trucks" Taken
at face value, it is untrue, and my reply is accurate.

Clare, you can't argue with this guy- he's never gonna listen. You
gotta love his nickname, though- Cydrome is the name of a failed
computer company.

-Carl

You folks can argue over words all day, vs. looking out the window next
time you're on the road at what comes out of what trucks on US roads.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

wrote:

Here in the UK Petrol is just reaching £1/litre and Diesel is around
£1.05/litre.

IIRC that works out at:-
Petrol $6.83/US Gal
Diesel $7.17/US Gal

The economy of turbocharged diesels and small petrol engines is a significant
factor :-(

Mark Rand
RTFM

Can you tell us how much of that $6.83 is tax?

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

About 120% at the last count!

Mark Rand
RTFM