Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hilti tool -Rave

I used a Hilti Roto Tool yesterday. Rental from Home Depot. I needed
to drill 10" holes in old concrete to bury footings. Really
impressed by it. It worked fast and hard. It didn't start to slow
down until I had it about 10" in a hole in old concrete full of dust.
Even then it still kept working well.

That's it. Don't sell them. Just like big solid tools that work
fast and hard.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

" wrote:

I used a Hilti Roto Tool yesterday. Rental from Home Depot. I needed
to drill 10" holes in old concrete to bury footings. Really
impressed by it. It worked fast and hard. It didn't start to slow
down until I had it about 10" in a hole in old concrete full of dust.
Even then it still kept working well.

That's it. Don't sell them. Just like big solid tools that work
fast and hard.

Tom

I think the only complaint I have ever heard about Hilti tools is the
price. They are pretty much #1 in the areas they cover.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
c.henry

we just switche dove rto hilti 4.5 angle grinders at the shop , we were
going through metabos and milwaukees with abandon , the hiltis are a
lease , 10 of them , and we will see how they do , but i imagine on par
with all their other stuff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

c.henry wrote:

we just switched over to hilti 4.5 angle grinders at the shop

Hilti angle grinder!? Who would use that?
Get a Fein!

Nick
--
DIY-DRO // Eigenbau-Digitalanzeige
Available now in USA / Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

wrote in message
oups.com...
I used a Hilti Roto Tool yesterday. Rental from Home Depot. I needed
to drill 10" holes in old concrete to bury footings. Really
impressed by it. It worked fast and hard. It didn't start to slow
down until I had it about 10" in a hole in old concrete full of dust.
Even then it still kept working well.

That's it. Don't sell them. Just like big solid tools that work
fast and hard.

Tom

My limited exposure to the Hilti parallels your experience. I had used the
rotary hammer types on multiple occasions with smaller drills (up to 7/8",
but mostly smaller). Had to drill a hole through a foundation for a 1"
copper water line. I'd hired a friend to install the plumbing in a house we
were building in the early 80's. I drilled the hole with his Hilti and
couldn't believe how well it worked. It was easier and faster to drill the
oversized hole (1-1/4") with the Hilti than it was to drill small holes with
the rotary hammer drill. Best of all, you don't feel the action through
the tool, so you don't get fatigued. Don't know how they accomplish that
unless it's the weight of the tool, but what ever it is, it really works.

Yep! As far as I'm concerned, they're the best, and by a huge margin. If I
used such a drill routinely, I'd own one. Hard to justify when you use it
on rare occasion, though.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:02:45 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

" wrote:

I used a Hilti Roto Tool yesterday. Rental from Home Depot. I needed
to drill 10" holes in old concrete to bury footings. Really
impressed by it. It worked fast and hard. It didn't start to slow
down until I had it about 10" in a hole in old concrete full of dust.
Even then it still kept working well.

That's it. Don't sell them. Just like big solid tools that work
fast and hard.

Tom

I think the only complaint I have ever heard about Hilti tools is the
price. They are pretty much #1 in the areas they cover.

Pete C.

I was in Home Despot Thursday, and the Hilti lady was in there with a
display.

STICKER SHOCK!!

It may be good..but it aint that good. Best as I can figure..its
33-50% higher than Milwaukee.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Cutt

wrote:

" wrote:

[...]

Yep they are that good . I like Milwaukee tools but for commercial heavy
use Hilti "is" worth the money .
Ken Cutt

Trouble with cut-off operation on lathe Jim Reed Metalworking 16 May 18th 06 05:49 PM
Tool Guide Joe AutoDrill Woodworking 4 April 13th 05 02:50 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM