Steve Koschmann

Default Dissassembly of a Jacobs 58B headstock chuck

Windfall today...I bought a box of 9 drill chucks at the flea market for
25.00.

Inside were 2 Jacobs 58B headstock chucks and one 59B, all 1 1/2, 8
threads, plus two 11N 0-3/8" ball bearing chucks and one 18N big sucker
ball bearing chuck. The rest were junk.

Stuck/rusted/full of crap of course, but hey the 11N's work very smoothly.

I have in the past have easily dissambled the "regular" taper back chucks
with my 30 ton press... is the same dissaembly procedure required for the
58/59B headstock chucks?

Steve

Wayne

Let me know if you want to sell on of the 58/59 chucks

Harry Conover

"Steve Koschmann" wrote in message news:P2o9c.19638$JO3.25646@attbi_s04...
Windfall today...I bought a box of 9 drill chucks at the flea market for
25.00.

Inside were 2 Jacobs 58B headstock chucks and one 59B, all 1 1/2, 8
threads, plus two 11N 0-3/8" ball bearing chucks and one 18N big sucker
ball bearing chuck. The rest were junk.

Wow! For $25 you got a real steal! Those 58B and 59B chucks (in very
good condition) are knocking down prices close to $100 each on eBay.

Care to sell one?

Harry C.