Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn

Default White Guilt and the Western Past -- Why is America so delicate with the enemy?

I'm still thinking about this one. While it's true that we've lost the
confidence to really finish what we start, I don't know that I
completely buy Mr. Steele's theory of causation.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008318

My biggest fear as we prepared to go into Iraq the second time was that
we didn't have the balls to run such a place. Mr. Steele certainly
supports that perception.

Readers outside of the US will need one fact about Mr. Steele to
understand the context: he is that rarest of things, a conservative
american black.

Joe Gwinn

Rec: Wall Street Journal, 2 May 2006, page A16.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Joseph
Gwinn says...

I'm still thinking about this one. While it's true that we've lost the
confidence

Confidence hell. How about competence? Our administration ignored
all the information coming out the region, ****ed off the CIA (those
folks really hate the dweeb right now), practically fired any competent
military leader who suggested that they had no clue about what they
were doing, and everyone's *suprised* that the mission is still
"UNACCOMPLISHED" right now, three years later?

Gimma a break. We *won* WW2 on two fronts in less time than it's
taken these moronic bozos to raise taxes, turn Iraq into a quagmire,
and kill a bunch of US soldiers to do it.

Worst. President. Ever.

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Wed, 03 May 2006 08:33:09 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

I'm still thinking about this one. While it's true that we've lost the
confidence to really finish what we start, I don't know that I
completely buy Mr. Steele's theory of causation.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008318

My biggest fear as we prepared to go into Iraq the second time was that
we didn't have the balls to run such a place. Mr. Steele certainly
supports that perception.

Readers outside of the US will need one fact about Mr. Steele to
understand the context: he is that rarest of things, a conservative
american black.

Joe Gwinn

www.larryelder.com

Not so rare anymore

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I'm still thinking about this one. While it's true that we've lost the
confidence to really finish what we start, I don't know that I
completely buy Mr. Steele's theory of causation.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008318

My biggest fear as we prepared to go into Iraq the second time was that
we didn't have the balls to run such a place. Mr. Steele certainly
supports that perception.

Readers outside of the US will need one fact about Mr. Steele to
understand the context: he is that rarest of things, a conservative
american black.

Joe Gwinn

Rec: Wall Street Journal, 2 May 2006, page A16.

Steele has some good points, we no longer seem to be able to put the
necessary effort into winning a war. Maybe it has something to do with
the outcry from the Left at every turn. They whine about everything,
real or imagined, as shown by many posts on this board. They don't
just disagree with policies, they "hate" people who do not share their
liberal beliefs, all the while thinking of themselves as "tolerant".

I don't believe that in WWII the media, Hollywood actors, and many
university professors opposed the administration and the war and
actually "wanted" us to fail, like it seems they do today.
GW

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On 4 May 2006 22:40:19 -0700, "Gus" wrote:
snip
I don't believe that in WWII the media, Hollywood actors, and many
university professors opposed the administration and the war and
actually "wanted" us to fail, like it seems they do today.

snip
They did up until the time that "Mother Russia" was attacked.
Communist party line abruptly changed from isolationism to "were
all in this together," and "lets get that lend-lease material to
Russia, no matter how many US ships are sunk and US sailors
killed on the Murmansk run."

Not all bad to have an opposition though -- it helps avoid "group
think" and situations like the "Bay of Pigs."

Unka George
(George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy
which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations;
even a democrat like myself must admit this.

But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy,
for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch,"
but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike

On Fri, 05 May 2006 10:48:00 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On 4 May 2006 22:40:19 -0700, "Gus" wrote:
snip
I don't believe that in WWII the media, Hollywood actors, and many
university professors opposed the administration and the war and
actually "wanted" us to fail, like it seems they do today.

snip
snip
Russia, no matter how many US ships are sunk and US sailors
killed on the Murmansk run."

I'll always remember having my dad, at the age of 80, crying as he
told me about the Murmansk runs he was on while serving on a Royal
Navy destroyer.
Evidently their orders were NOT to pick up survivors from sinkings as
the Royal Navy were desparately short of trained crews and could not
afford to lose ships to German submarines.
He said the cries of joy that greeted the sighting of a Naval vessel
changes to screams as the men were chewed in their propellers.
No "post-traumatic stress syndrome" help for any of those men, they
had to live with it till they died. My mam said Dad woke up screaming
for the first two years after the war finished. He served from Oct.
1939 to Mar. 1946.
Mike Gray in BC
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Mr. Steele is full of crap.

Ever here of an "Oreo"?

Black on the outside and white on the inside....and a racist to
boot...good to see that the WSJ hasn't lost its flair for stupidty.

And he is not rare....just another one of the millions of idiots that
we have....hell, look how many we have in this Administration.

As for the United States being "delicate"...LOL.

History has shown the country who carries and uses the big stick
usually has it stuffed up their butt latter....remember who allowed
9/11 to happen on his watch?

Meanwhile Osama Bin Forgotten just laughs and laughs at the fools in
the White House.

As has been said...Worst President Ever....and I see nothing to
disprove that.

TMT