Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Default White Guilt and the Western Past -- Why is America so delicate with the enemy?

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I'm still thinking about this one. While it's true that we've lost the
confidence to really finish what we start, I don't know that I
completely buy Mr. Steele's theory of causation.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110008318

My biggest fear as we prepared to go into Iraq the second time was that
we didn't have the balls to run such a place. Mr. Steele certainly
supports that perception.

Readers outside of the US will need one fact about Mr. Steele to
understand the context: he is that rarest of things, a conservative
american black.

Joe Gwinn

Rec: Wall Street Journal, 2 May 2006, page A16.

Steele has some good points, we no longer seem to be able to put the
necessary effort into winning a war. Maybe it has something to do with
the outcry from the Left at every turn. They whine about everything,
real or imagined, as shown by many posts on this board. They don't
just disagree with policies, they "hate" people who do not share their
liberal beliefs, all the while thinking of themselves as "tolerant".

I don't believe that in WWII the media, Hollywood actors, and many
university professors opposed the administration and the war and
actually "wanted" us to fail, like it seems they do today.
GW