Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Marrs

Default Need an internal gear

Need quantity one of the following.

Internal spur gear (like a ring gear with the teeth on the inside)

54 tooth, 24 pitch, 14 1/2 degree pressure angle. Face length of .875,
OD of 3 inches.

Material brass/bronze---thinking 660 bronze.

Any suggestions for a source??

Thanks,

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Davenports

"Bill Marrs" wrote in message
Need quantity one of the following.

Internal spur gear (like a ring gear with the teeth on the inside)

54 tooth, 24 pitch, 14 1/2 degree pressure angle. Face length of .875,
OD of 3 inches.

Material brass/bronze---thinking 660 bronze.

Any suggestions for a source??

Thanks,

Bill

If you can send me a print with more detail, I'd be able to quote it for
you. Mind you, I'm talking an EDMed gear, so if it needs to be high speed or
matched, you might be better off going another route.

Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Marrs wrote:
Need quantity one of the following.

Internal spur gear (like a ring gear with the teeth on the inside)

54 tooth, 24 pitch, 14 1/2 degree pressure angle. Face length of .875,
OD of 3 inches.

Material brass/bronze---thinking 660 bronze.

Any suggestions for a source??

Thanks,

Bill

If you can't find a source, as I suspect you might not, consider having
a shop wire EDM it out for you.
Someone should chime in with a source for a Cad program to create the
profile file.
Finding one ready made seems doubtful, having one custom cut will be
wickedly expensive, EDM might be the way to go.
Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

--Aside: I once saw a photo of a guy who looked like a "traditional"
beatnick sitting inside a *giant* ring gear. The caption said: "In Cog
Neato".

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I'll have the roast duck
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : with the mango salsa...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Marrs

Bill Marrs wrote:
Need quantity one of the following.

Internal spur gear (like a ring gear with the teeth on the inside)

Bill

Someone should chime in with a source for a Cad program to create the
profile file.

That would be great!!! I've got a local guy I work with on wire EDM
extrusion dies.
If I had the software to generate the profile he could probably do it.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry

On Thu, 04 May 2006 01:08:32 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

That's what RCM should be about. Well done, Ned. I nominate Ned
as RCM hero of the week without regard to his politics or how many
guns he may or may not choose to own.

Hold up there. I nominate Larry Jaques for offering to build a web
site for MarMachine. Since you started this Don, you get to be
election judge.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry

wrote:

That's what RCM should be about. Well done, Ned. I nominate Ned
as RCM hero of the week without regard to his politics or how many
guns he may or may not choose to own.

Hold up there. I nominate Larry Jaques for offering to build a web
site for MarMachine. Since you started this Don, you get to be
election judge.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

The second I pressed send, I blushed with embarrassment for neglecting
to thank Rex B. He put up with me twice last week. Opened his shop to
me and showed me how to build some gears. And actually bought a collet
so we could finish the job.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

wrote:

That's what RCM should be about. Well done, Ned. I nominate Ned
as RCM hero of the week without regard to his politics or how many
guns he may or may not choose to own.

Hold up there. I nominate Larry Jaques for offering to build a web
site for MarMachine. Since you started this Don, you get to be
election judge.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Nothing saying there can only be one RCMHOTW. The more the better!