Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Need an internal gear

On Wed, 3 May 2006 16:50:36 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

In article TT76g.2572$g01.862@trnddc01, says...
Bill Marrs wrote:
Need quantity one of the following.

Internal spur gear (like a ring gear with the teeth on the inside)

Bill

Someone should chime in with a source for a Cad program to create the
profile file.

That would be great!!! I've got a local guy I work with on wire EDM
extrusion dies.
If I had the software to generate the profile he could probably do it.

Give the complete specs of the gear and the file format you'd like and I
can easily generate a solid model.

3D - .ipt, .iges, .sat, .stp, .stl
2D - .dxf, .dwg

Ned Simmons

That's what RCM should be about. Well done, Ned. I nominate Ned
as RCM hero of the week without regard to his politics or how many
guns he may or may not choose to own.